What's your favorite thing about Myles Kennedy?

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can't believe this thread is still here.... oh well, this cupcake of a thread actually ended up stimulating genuine conversation. :shrugs:

What rule is my thread breaking exactly?

C'mon man, you're going to pretend like this was a benign attempt to discuss Myles? The last option in the poll is, "Nothing because I'm an enormous hooray for tolerance!" (which I did vote for :) ). And the resolution on that picture is something like 3800 x 5700.... why use such a ridiculously big picture if you're not trying to mess about? And, I try to keep track of the pro-Slash, neutral, and anti-Slash members on this forum, if I am correct, you generally fall into the latter most category.

Maybe you're jealous that Slash is actually doing musical things, and interacting with the fans? While Axl has made no public statement in months (minus the incomprehensible Superbowl rant). I am sorry about the DVD, if it was Slash - that's a dick move, but get over it. I like most of your posts, but this sort of trolling is unnecessary.

Now I could be wildly wrong, and maybe you're here for genuine discussion; if that's the case, I apologize, but I don't think that's the case.

Or you're fucking insane and I'm actually a big Myles fan? I'm 50/50 on Slash's post-Guns work but I like almost everything he's done with Myles, mainly because of Myles.

Yeah, the thread's a bit of a joke but I'm not trying to take the piss out of Slash or whatever crazy shit you've come up with in your head. The picture is a bit big but I didn't realize that until I'd already posted it and I felt it added to the nature of the thread. Can't believe I have to explain this shit. Yeah, I'm jealous that Slash is doing musical things. That's why I made a jokingly homo thread about Myles. Fuck sake.

Or you're fucking insane and I'm actually a big Myles fan? I'm 50/50 on Slash's post-Guns work but I like almost everything he's done with Myles, mainly because of Myles.

Yeah, the thread's a bit of a joke but I'm not trying to take the piss out of Slash or whatever crazy shit you've come up with in your head. The picture is a bit big but I didn't realize that until I'd already posted it and I felt it added to the nature of the thread. Can't believe I have to explain this shit. Yeah, I'm jealous that Slash is doing musical things. That's why I made a jokingly homo thread about Myles. Fuck sake.

Well then I do apologize. But ya gotta admit, this thread looks a lot like something the normal Slash cupcakes (who shall remain nameless because we all know who they are..../were) would post.

Anyway, again, I was wrong.

Well then I do apologize. But ya gotta admit, this thread looks a lot like something the normal Slash cupcakes (who shall remain nameless because we all know who they are..../were) would post.

And let's be honest, it's not like he hasn't gone there before.

From Slash's point of view:

Paste:
I don’t want to get into comparisons with Axl, but tell me about your friendship with Myles Kennedy, and why his voice works so well with your music.
Slash: It’s really an unsaid thing, more than anything. The first time I ever heard him sing, he sang a song called “Starlight” on my first record. I just sent him a demo. I had never even met him, but I knew that he’d been working with Led Zeppelin, so he had to be pretty great. I had heard a lot about him. And he sent the demo back with the vocals on it, and I went to my producer and said, “Am I crazy or is this really great?” And he said, “No, this is really great.” Then when I met him, we really hit it off on a personal level. So now I just find that we have this natural synergy. And we enjoy each other’s company. And I can come up with anything in the world, and he knows how to translate it into melody, and it just seems to work. I don’t question it too much; I don’t want to jinx it.

from http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2014/03/slash-on-tech-solos-movies-and-dinosaurs.html

Am not a massive Myles fan but if it wasnt for him we wouldnt get to hear slash play alot of the tunes from Gnr to the stuff he plays these days and he sounds like a top fella and has a great work ethic. Hes very versatile. I buy slash albums to listen to him. Its like Nu gnr to me am not a fan of bumblefoot at all but listen to it for Axl. Just a pity they werent in the same band again

Edited by Gibbo 27

Eh. He's not bad, I like his work with Slash in that he doesn't ruin anything and he's not entirely intolerable to listen to while you're waiting for the riff or solo. He and Slash obviously work together well so he's alright in my book. But will I ever seek out any Myles stuff outside of his work with Slash? Probably not.

He sounds way better with Alter Bridge...dunno, maybe he feels more confortable with those songs.

yeah he does - personally I think it's because he's more engaged in the songwriting process from inception to finished product rather than coming into a completed song and just working on vocals and melodies