What's your favorite thing about Myles Kennedy?

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Eh. He's not bad, I like his work with Slash in that he doesn't ruin anything and he's not entirely intolerable to listen to while you're waiting for the riff or solo. He and Slash obviously work together well so he's alright in my book. But will I ever seek out any Myles stuff outside of his work with Slash? Probably not.

Give "One day remains" (the AB album) a chance....it's sooo good.....listen to Find the Real, Down to my Last or In Loving Memory.

Eh. He's not bad, I like his work with Slash in that he doesn't ruin anything and he's not entirely intolerable to listen to while you're waiting for the riff or solo. He and Slash obviously work together well so he's alright in my book. But will I ever seek out any Myles stuff outside of his work with Slash? Probably not.

Give "One day remains" (the AB album) a chance....it's sooo good.....listen to Find the Real, Down to my Last or In Loving Memory.

Do you mean vocally? Because songwriting-wise his role was mor similar to what he does with Slash because of how quickly it was put together and Mark Tremonti had most of it written before Myles was even brought in. To me, it's a great album. It hooked me on AB back in 2004. It just doesn't feel like an "Alter Bridge" album because Myles wasn't really integrated yet. These days it's probably my least played AB album, although Metalingus is my favorite AB song.

Myles is like the DJ of Slash's band.

how do you figure - myles contributes to all the songs and is actually a draw - wheras DJ is just part of the circus and is eminitely replaceable by anyone that can play a guitar

Myles butchers GnR songs and is criticized by even the most ardent Slash afficionados.

how do you figure - myles contributes to all the songs and is actually a draw - wheras DJ is just part of the circus and is eminitely replaceable by anyone that can play a guitar

Myles butchers GnR songs and is criticized by even the most ardent Slash afficionados.

But Myles isn't in a band called "Guns N' Roses." He's in Slash's band, the difference means that there is an acknowledgement that for Myles, most of (or a lot of) the songs in a Slash setlist, will be covers. Ashba parades around the stage like he is Slash, like he's filling the role for the character of Slash in the show that we call Guns N' Roses. Myles knows he isn't Axl, and doesn't try to be. Also, I'm a pretty big Slash fan, and I have no problem with how Myles sings GNR songs - I like his voice.

Pffff, I digress with your opinions. You don't have to like him and all of that, but I don't why you have to make these kinds of comments. Myles is taking the time and enjoying doing this project with Slash at the expense of other things that he could do that his fans would love (more AB shows, his solo album). I'm not saying you should like him, but I just don't like the whole "he's like DJ Ashba in Slash's band" or all of that crap comments. I've kept my mouth shut a couple of times over this, but I'm voicing said opinion like you are voicing yours and yeah.

Edited by Anguyen92

If he came out in a bandana and kilt (like how DJ tries to look like Slash) while contributing to no original material with Slash you might have a point.

DJ has been in the band for 5 years and hasn't written a note of original material Axl had enough pride in to release.

Slash hadn't even met Myles at this point 5 years ago and they already have collaborated on 2 albums with a 3rd coming out in a few months.

If Myles were truly the DJ of Slash's band he would get no respect from Slash the way DJ gets none from Axl.

Edited by Naupis

Hes doesnt butcher them. Find me a video of anyone singing it better then this or even Axl after 1993. Hes not Axl (87-93) but hes not that bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGfJc46cPr0

This is Butcher or anything from Rio 2011 Myles hasnt done anything that bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20ccfjD4ZyQ

Edited by Gibbo 27
  • Like 1

OH please, myles sings gnr songs better than axl nowadays - and who the fuck else can sing any GnR song reasonably well other than ISO and Mr. Brownstone? Axl can barely sing his own shit nowadays

and BTW, Myle's is probably a better guitarist than anyone currently in GnR

If he came out in a bandana and kilt (like how DJ tries to look like Slash) while contributing to no original material with Slash you might have a point.

DJ has been in the band for 5 years and hasn't written a note of original material Axl had enough pride in to release.

Slash hadn't even met Myles at this point 5 years ago and they already have collaborated on 2 albums with a 3rd coming out in a few months.

If Myles were truly the DJ of Slash's band he would get no respect from Slash the way DJ gets none from Axl.

and let's not forget, Myles is also a much much better guitarist than DJ

As I said, many people from all parts of the spectrum have criticized Myles for his vocal handling of GnR songs. I'm not making that up, or even exaggerating.

no you're not - but at the same time, Myles was Loudwire's "Vocalist of the Year", 2 years running for his work with Slash last year, and Alter Bridge this year, as voted by fans -- and I'm not making that up either

• Like 1

The R&RHOF was an embarrassment and is perfectly representative of Myles' inability to handle GnR songs. If you think that was a good vocal performance, then we can just agree to disagree and move on.

I'm not the biggest fan of his GNR covers, but he does a better job than anyone else I've seen do them with former members.

The R&RHOF was an embarrassment and is perfectly representative of Myles' inability to handle GnR songs. If you think that was a good vocal performance, then we can just agree to disagree and move on.

compared to Axl/GnR's most recent shows in Brazil - Myles' is miles ahead of Axl's ability to handle GnR songs

• Like 1

He sings the songs better these days than Axl does, even if you aren't a fan of his voice. Also, he could not have been more understated at the R&RHOF ceremony, where he hung back and the let the other guys have the spotlight whenever he wasn't singing (as he rightfully should have). He didn't want to be thrust into that situation. The other guys wanted to play and they needed a singer, and Myles has been playing with Slash and knows the songs. If you think the R&RHOF was an embarrassment, then you're view of Guns N Roses is skewed by one thing or another and I just can't help you.

• Like 2

There's no agree to disagree here. Myles did well at the RNRHOF.

Greatest performance since Argentina, 1993!

Myles is a better vocalist, better professional, better artist, better human being with better work ethic and better respect for his fans than Axl Rose but that's for another thread.

Let's get back on topic! :)

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 2