A new admin - Estranged Reality

highvoltage

Guest Len B'stard

I can't imagine you acting like a twat or trolling or doing something to get banned, I've always thought of you as a sort of mature voice of reason. Manys the time you've pulled me up in a discussion like 'ahaha, come now Len, you're being a twat' like those sort of mature gentleman in the pension scheme adverts :lol:

I can't imagine you acting like a twat or trolling or doing something to get banned, I've always thought of you as a sort of mature voice of reason. Manys the time you've pulled me up in a discussion like 'ahaha, come now Len, you're being a twat' like those sort of mature gentleman in the pension scheme adverts :lol:

I know. He comes across as annoyingly level headed, doesn't he? Wonder what we can do to get him to flip out.

Guest Len B'stard

He's a bit of an Oscar De La Hoya on the sly i reckon (the addictions i'm talking about, not the cross-dressing!) i recall him talking about drinking excessively and blacking out and doing some pretty out of character shit on the bottle, so perhaps he's not quite the Golden Boy he appears :lol:

:lol:

for those who are actually curious as to my history... the basic story is i signed up here when i was 14 or so, a bored dumb teenager with a sense of humour who had just started getting into GN'R, and back then we had some stricter personalities running the forum who didn't take a liking to some of my antics (i remember the first thread i ever created was one in D&N where i ecstatically claimed to have spotted axl rose at a subway, then revealed it was just a ginger dude with a bandanna; it was a clear joke and just meant to be good-natured fun, but this was during the time when he had disappeared off the face of the planet for a few years, so not only did it piss off a bunch of forum users, but madison messaged me and had to explain why posts like these would not be tolerated). i think compared to some of the characters we've had over the years, the stuff i did was really pretty tame, but back then it was pretty strict; people were edgy over the silence from GN'R. the whole tone and vibe of the forum was way different.

mind, i never trolled or made spam posts or anything like that (in fact i was hugely pro-GN'R back then, whereas i think i'm a bit less of a fanboy and more balanced these days), but i definitely had a strong personality for a while and i had a lot of people who liked me and a lot of people who weren't such fans. i initially signed up here with my full name as my username, quite naively; after realizing what kind of nutcases trolled GN'R forums i decided it was unwise to use my real name as a username, so i asked to have my account deleted. well, i re-registered anonymously on the evening of Rio IV which, at the time, was considered a debacle, and during the live thread i made some pretty shitty comments about Robin Finck. (i think i recall saying i wished he would be thrown under a bus, or something to that effect -- probably the closest i ever came to trolling, but Rio IV was hugely depressing and disappointing to me at the time.) madison saw the comments, assumed i was a troll, and banned me outright; after that, i persistently came back with new accounts, and as soon as one of them was banned, i'd re-register another. i never trolled, i was always civil, i joined in on discussions and if anything back then i was very supportive of Axl and the new band. but i remember stubbornly thinking that i had been unjustly banned and i thought the best way to prove i wasn't a troll was by being civil and mature in my posts. of course, re-registering endlessly was misguided, but so it goes. my posts tended to stand out so i was always spotted quickly (i can thank highvoltage for banning many of my accounts back then :kiss:) but i think madison started to realize i wasn't a troll and maybe started to agree more with my posts and eventually my estranged reality account was just the one that 'stuck' and i've been a good boy ever since. :P

• Like 4

Guest Len B'stard

It's OK, no one expects a GnR fan to be a totally decent human being, it'd go against the essence of the whole thing, thats what we're all doing here really, it's like The Bastards Union :lol: