Am I the only GNR fan who dislikes Welcome to the Jungle?

I've seen people dislike Sweet Child (though I never understood why) and even November rain, but I've never seen someone dislike Welcome to the Jungle. Am I the only one who thinks this is the only mediocre song on Appetite For Destruction?

It has an amazing delayed intro, but that's where the enjoyment ends for me. Mediocre verse and chorus riffs, boring solos and most noteably, lyrics feel unstructured and all over the place.

Anyone agree?

It has an amazing delayed intro, but that's where the enjoyment ends for me. Mediocre verse and chorus riffs, boring solos and most noteably, lyrics feel unstructured and all over the place.

Anyone agree?

I rarely listen to it all the way through. After the intro, I usually skip ahead to Duff's bass bit, and then crank the volume to 11 for the breakdown. But I still think it's one of the greatest songs of all time. Just a different definition of what is required for a song to be "good" I suppose.

Probably in my top 3 GNR songs and undoubtedly one of the best hard rock songs of all time.

Paradise City on the other hand, meh.

Paradise is a great but flawed song due to the runaway solo at the end.

I'm not trying to hate, I just don't understand the appeal of Welcome to the Jungle - largely because the lyrics flow poorly to me.

The part where Axl goes in the chorus:

"In the jungle, welcome to the jungle

Watch it bring you to your knnn knne knees, knees"

It sounds awful to me.

Welcome To The Jungle is an exciting song and there's not many songs I would describe using that adjective.

You have that long intro which builds suspense, then boom... the riff... you can't help but feel amped when you hear it. And live it is just pure magic.

As for Paradise City, it has a cool riff (every song on Appetite has a cool riff), but the chorus is too cheese-metal for me.

Edited by Towelie

Jungle is great, from start to finish. In fact, that's what I miss in CD. I like it a lot, but I think the songs often start off poorly, not powerful enough. When I put on AFD, I always get a kick out of the intro of Jungle.

I've seen people dislike Sweet Child (though I never understood why) and even November rain, but I've never seen someone dislike Welcome to the Jungle. Am I the only one who thinks this is the only mediocre song on Appetite For Destruction?

Anyone agree?

RAUS MIT DIR!

BanHim_AH.jpg

• Like 1

If you don't like Jungle, you don't get to talk about music as if you know anything.

Lol seriously? It's not fucking Mozart. It's 80s riffrock. Please...

Exactly. While I love the song, I've certainly heard of people who don't.

Guest Len B'stard

If you don't like Jungle, you don't get to talk about music as if you know anything.

Lol seriously? It's not fucking Mozart. It's 80s riffrock. Please...

Do you not think that there's an outside chance that he was perhaps taking the piss a little bit, maybe?

Of the crowd pleasers the one I really hate is Knocking on Heaven's Door... as much as I do "the jack" by AC/DC... don't like the prolonged middles with the audience having to sing along.

Don't understand why they play it, it sends the crowd to sleep

Anyone agree?

I have bad news for you:

YOU'RE NOT A GN'R FAN.

WTTJ = GN'R :shrugs:

• Like 1