Kate Bush UK Tour 2014 (first since 1979)

Amir

I wouldn't put it past the touts' bots to scoop up tickets, though this is one of those shows where you need ID, etc.:

So does that mean the touts won't be able to get all the tickets?

I didn't see any tickets on eBay for the Maiden gig at The O2 I went to in August, and I only saw one outside an NIN club gig I didn't get a ticket for (I think he was selling fake tickets anyway, has happened before apparently at these kind of shows). There's nothing to stop someone buying four, going in with 3 people, and leaving having pocketed the profit beforehand, but it's more of a hassle.

But sites like Viagogo and Getmein can still snap up all the tickets and charge five times the asking price.... I always use those sites if I fail to get decent seats from Ticketmaster. It's such a con because I swear half of the tickets are distributed to these secondary ticket sites beforehand, as most of these sites are affiliated in some way with Ticketmaster. But if it's my only way of going then I have no choice....

Have a feeling the scalpers are going to drive the prices high (the prices seemed pretty reasonable), but she's doing enough shows where it won't be impossible to get the tickets. So even if you're not a fan of hers, you could probably make some money off those tickets.

It's too bad she waited this long to do it. The surprise to me was Del Palmer not being a part of it, even though they broke up years ago, he still worked on Aerial and 50 Words for Snow with her.

Just had a look at prices... Damn, £50 for cheap seats and it goes up to close to £150. Think I paid £65 for floor seats for Leonard Cohen, though looking back I might have gone for the £50 seats on the side since when you're not close on the floor you have to look over the heads of the people in front of you. Was hoping there'd be some standing tickets for this, mosh out to Running Up That Hill :headbang: .

I wonder how she will sound live?

Fans who are expecting her to sound like this...:

...will be disappointed, seeing as she sound like this in the studio in 2011:

But I'm guessing she'll put on a decent show, she has for what few live performances she has done.

Well that sounds fine to me.

Should log into some Kate Bush forums after the show and read 100 pages of how she doesn't sound the same as 1979 and she should play 50 Words for Snow in its entirety.

Kate Bush warns everyone she now looks like Lemmy
21-03-14

lemmy.jpg

KATE Bush has announced her first live shows for 35 years but warned fans she is not quite the same.

The reclusive Wuthering Heights star said that while she had continued to ‘explore her creative landscape’ she had forgotten to moisturise since 1987.

She added: “I’m an obsessive artist so I can spend months hunched over a piano in the dark, stopping only to wolf down a Monster Munch sandwich and a two litre bottle of home made wine.

“The point is, I look like Lemmy now. It took a bit of getting used to, but now I prefer it.

“Anyway, I’ve written 52 songs about butterflies which I think you’re going to enjoy.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/kate-bush-warns-everyone-she-now-looks-like-lemmy-2014032184900

Just had a look at prices... Damn, £50 for cheap seats and it goes up to close to £150. Think I paid £65 for floor seats for Leonard Cohen, though looking back I might have gone for the £50 seats on the side since when you're not close on the floor you have to look over the heads of the people in front of you. Was hoping there'd be some standing tickets for this, mosh out to Running Up That Hill :headbang: .

£50? Are you fucking kidding me?

I pay the equivalent of at least £60 to see bands like The National, Arcade Fire, Nine Inch Nails and those are just for the cheap seats. I would expect here to pay at least £100 to see an act like Kate Bush. :rolleyes:

I paid £120 to see Leonard Cohen. He was amazing and worth every cent. Get a grip and a perspective, Amir.

I can only wish that she will tour Australia. But I doubt she will. :(

Edited by Redhead74

Not saying £50 is expensive, but £150 is. And £120 for Leonard Cohen, holy shit! Was that the normal price or did you have to get through a scalper/ticket reseller? Most I ever paid was £100 for Rolling Stones, can't say it was worth it, either (apparently an off night for them, saw videos of better performances from the same tour on YouTube).

Guest Len B'stard

John and his boys had been heckling EVERYONE that night...but they gave it up for Kate :) John even shouted her out in his own awards acceptance speech :)

Ninth Wave is "side 2" of Hounds of Love, and this is part of the show???

What kind of idiot would connect the Malaysian plane to that photo.

http://www.katebush.com/news/message-kate

Hallo everyone,
I was working all day yesterday and so was totally unaware of the reaction, apart from friends who'd told me it had all gone bonkers....I am completely overwhelmed and genuinely shocked by the incredibly positive response from everyone. Thank you!
I am however rather concerned at some comments that have been passed on to me and I feel I should clarify my position.... The image that was chosen to advertise the shows originates from a conceptual piece called The Ninth Wave that was released in 1985. It is about a woman who is lost at sea but is rescued in the end. Months ago I thought that, as part of the show centres around this musical piece, it would hopefully make a dramatic shot. The timing is really unfortunate. There is absolutely no connection with the current tragedy that is heading the news and I apologise from the bottom of my heart if this has in any way upset or at all offended anyone.
Thank you again to everyone who has responded so warmly to the announcement of the shows.
With best wishes,
Kate