Elton John Wants to Make Hip-Hop Records With Pharrell, Loves Kanye West, calls MBDTF a "motherfucker of a record"

Amir

http://pigeonsandplanes.com/2014/03/elton-john-wants-make-hip-hop-records-pharrell-loves-kanye-west/

At 66 years old, you’d think that Sir Elton John would be past the point of reinventing his career. However, in an interview with Rolling Stone, the crown prince of English pop revealed that he wouldn’t be afraid to explore new musical territories.

When asked about incorporating the genre into his music, John replied that, “I’d love to. I just don’t know how to do it. I do love electronica. So, for me, I’d have to work with someone who knows about it, like a Pharrell or a Kanye, who I respect tremendously. I’d love to do that. It’s just a matter of when and where and, should I do it, the mood that I’m in.”

He later re-expressed his admiration for Kanye saying, “In the studio with Kanye, when I was doing that in Honolulu, he was just on fire. It was amazing to watch. You knew you were in the presence of greatness. I knew once I heard four or five tracks from that in the studio, I knew it was going to be a motherfucker of a record.”

That’s right. The man who once made “Tiny Dancer” just called My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy a “motherfucker of a record.” In related news, old people are still the coolest.

I'm sick of this Pharell endless cocksucking queue. Bitches getting on his tip too like he new. Bitch ass hooray for tolerance! needs to go back to making shit like the first two NERD albums and producing with Chad Hugo, who was they guy with the real talent in The Neptunes/NERD. Fuckin Happy. Yeah right hooray for tolerance!. I liked that shit when Sam fuckin Cooke did it first.

There's a beauty and innocence to songs like Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Tiny Dancer, Your Song, Someone Saved My Life Tonight, that I rarely find in other artists. None of it gets me "pumped" or makes me rock out (his more upbeat songs like Crocodile Rock and Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting are the naffest of the naff), but it's for times when you want to be transported back to some idyllic time that never existed.

Guest Len B'stard

It's just really dull and pedestrian and...it's not even bad in the way something is dreadful or comically poor, it's just like...thoroughly mediocre, which is almost worse than the former.

Although i liked the one he did with RuPaul, that was great, it has a certain cheek to it :)

Edited by sugaraylen

Elton's way of playing the piano is very unique actually. This hip hop thing doesn't surprise me, cause the man is fearless artistically. Of course his music is cheesy, but there is real brilliance behind all of the things that many people get turned off by in his music.

It's the melody above all. And the sincere way his voice interacts with the listener. There are probably 4 or 5 must hear Elton records. November Rain is very Elton in style and just the way Axl is playing the piano imo.

It's just really dull and pedestrian and...it's not even bad in the way something is dreadful or comically poor, it's just like...thoroughly mediocre, which is almost worse than the former.

Although i liked the one he did with RuPaul, that was great, it has a certain cheek to it :)

If Elton's music is dull and pedestrian, then what do you call Michael Bolton or Air Supply?

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

Find it mindblowing his music goes so well with Bernie's lyrics. They're never even in the same room; Bernie writes the lyrics, gives them to Elton, and Elton comes up the music and melodies separately.

Judging from the Coda of "All of the Lights," a Kanye/Elton collaboration would be motherfucking amazing.

Too bad Kanye has all but dismissed MBDTF as an album he made just to make people happy. Hopefully he'll feel like making us happy again.

Edited by TeeJay410

Judging from the Coda of "All of the Lights," a Kanye/Elton collaboration would be motherfucking amazing.

Too bad Kanye has all but dismissed MBDTF as an album he made just to make people happy. Hopefully he'll feel like making us happy again.

Where'd Kanye say that? MBDTF is one of my all-time favourite albums, miles better than Yeezus (which I still liked, but nowhere near as much). I do remember him saying something like it was a back-handed apology to stuff like the Taylor Swift incident, showing how great he could be while being apologetic in songs like Runaway.

Where'd Kanye say that? MBDTF is one of my all-time favourite albums, miles better than Yeezus (which I still liked, but nowhere near as much). I do remember him saying something like it was a back-handed apology to stuff like the Taylor Swift incident, showing how great he could be while being apologetic in songs like Runaway.

I think the same interview where you got that bit about Taylor swift from but I remember him being much harsher about it, essentially saying he just made the record people wanted him to make and not the one he wanted to make, just to get in everyone's good graces so he could get away with an album like Yeezus. That almost cheapens it for me, but you have to wonder if he's being honest or of the record actually does mean something to him. Regardless it is my favorite Kanye album.