Is the band officially a joke in your eyes?

They are for me. Can't even pull off the simplest of tasks like playing a new song after it was said they were going to. Oh, did Slash put a stop to that one too?? Can't even train vocals for a tour. Axl is nothing without the old guys. I love Chinese Democracy and the music Axl makes, but the last 15 years have proven that he can't handle running Guns on his lonesome.

Edited by Young_Gun

I think as a forum we are over-reacting. It was one show. Axls lost weight and we weren't at the show. The setlist is better than 2 gnr shows ive been too.

I agree I would have liked a longer set but for what? Youtube? Until I spend money on tickets and travel to be dissapointed im not going to get wound up. Ive seen GNR 16 times and came away happy each time.

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 2

I'm not even sure what I see this thing as anymore. It's unlike anything else in my life. I guess it's mostly a joke. Part of me will always hold out a bit for it not to be a joke, but that part of me is obviously stupid.

+1

It's a tragicomedy for the ages.

In short, yes. They just cannot, for the life of them, move this band forward. They're just frozen in time where the best thing they can offer fans is throwing an Illusion era track or two into rotation. Fucking sad sad sad.

• Like 1

Even if they hadn't of played any new songs last night, the very least they could've done after 5 years of touring a pretty much identical setlist would've been to add an old Illusions track and maybe juggle about the order a bit. Open with Jungle instead of Chinese, drop It's So Easy and Mr Brownstone (so fucking tedious now) and add Locomotive and Breakdown to the set. At least then the fans who saw the show back in 2010 and 2011 are getting something new.

But to come out and do nothing different, apart from dropping two of the best songs in the set (Rocket Queen and Civil War) was a pretty shit thing to do for the fans who already saw this exact same setlist four years ago.

I'm not even sure what I see this thing as anymore. It's unlike anything else in my life. I guess it's mostly a joke. Part of me will always hold out a bit for it not to be a joke, but that part of me is obviously stupid.

To me, it comes down to whether you find nobility in blind optimism, regardless of the facts on the ground.

Me, personally, I do not. I react to what I'm given.

The part that gets me is the massive irony of a man who is surrounded by people who walk around on eggshells for fear of upsetting him, writing an album with songs inspired by the plight of the Chinese people under the yoke of dictatorship, claiming to empathise with their plight.

NuGNR should be called the Democratic People's Republic of Guns N' Roses.

No, but the people crying because they were too blind to see the inevitable sure are.

I love this place.

True, many of us saw this coming. But as I've said before, it never ceases to sting watching Axl shoot himself in the face time and time again.

No, but the people crying because they were too blind to see the inevitable sure are.

I love this place.

True, many of us saw this coming. But as I've said before, it never ceases to sting watching Axl shoot himself in the face time and time again.

I've grown accustomed to it myself. :shrugs:

I don't get how anybody could think it wasn't a joke say last week and then after this first show of the tour it suddenly became one, like a switch got flipped.

Nothing has changed, sorry if you only just realised.

Like how after a 15 year cock tease for Chinese Democracy, it's somehow outrageous there hasn't been a new album yet?

Edited by DR DOOM

It's fascinating.

Like reading through Chinese Whispers and paying real close attention for the past 6 years or so and seeing how everything is going down...I'm at a loss for words.

I don't know what to think, this is the only band in the fucking world that is this fucked up.

This

The musicians do a good job, but Axl with the brandname is/was fucked up endlessly

Well i just wish he could retire in 2015-2016 with a fucking great show

i do NOT want a reunion in any circumstances anymore

I do wanna hear some new unheard songs, though, but i give up my hopes now

I love this place.

You're really at the point where it doesn't bother you in the slightest?

I love this place.

You're really at the point where it doesn't bother you in the slightest?
I've been at that point for a really long time.

I love this place.

Yeah. It's difficult. We love Guns N' Roses, and we want to root for this band. Every new tour leg is a chance to move on from the Chinese Democracy era. For whatever reason, he just won't do it.

Opening this tour with the chords to "Chinese Democracy" was the death knell for this band IMO.

I follow the "fool me once" principal while a lot of people here are on their 9 millionth time of being fooled and still blame the band. That is what is truly hilarious about this situation.

So we can't have an opinion on the band? Yeah... logical... The thread is about whether or not the band is a joke, not whether we are disappointed by recent happenings(or non-happenings). READ.

Edited by Young_Gun