What valuable lessons can we take from Axl Rose?

For sometime I have been considering the life of Axl Rose in the last 20 years. If anything, his way of living in the past 20 years is a prime example of how a human being should not behave. The very flaw of continuing to use the name Gn'R without Slash or other former members was that it had been rooted in nothing but hatred and spite, along with an irrational sense of self-entitlement. There was no message of love or forgiveness or letting go of painful memories and paving the way for a better and happier life. Hatred and spite are blind: they may only push you so far, then they will eat you up from the inside out. The opportunities had been endless for him in the past, having been availed to some truly talented musicians with a high calibre.

But with hatred as his motivator, he had forgotten to show gratitude for what he still had and to value and treasure it. For this didn't happen, he had forced one great musician after another to walk out the door. Music is made with love and compassion towards band mates, it is created on a mutual agreement rooted in honesty and sincerity. It is not created by using musicians as an instrument for the channeling of hatred, nor is it created in bad energy. Referring to Axl's relationships, I sincerely believe that he was not the sole abuser but in reference to my aforementioned sentence, good relationships are also not created by bad energy. It was this same bad energy and hatred instead of love and forgiveness in relation to his past that had lured him into such volatile relationships which had all ended catastrophically.

The man feels psychologically unrealised and defeated: the notion of family and children never took place, nor did the realisation of his music, neither of which any amount of money in the world could ever make up for. Now we as fans are on the receiving end of his hatred. For we have for the most part not accepted his band to be Guns N' Roses, we are not deemed worthy of new music. We are to listen to the endless touring of the same music and only when his own band is renowned widely as Guns N' Roses may we hope for anything new. Realistically, that is never going to happen. So I leave an open question to all board members: what valuable lessons can we take from Axl Rose? I will offer my lessons taken.

Don't hate or be spiteful: the foundation of any creation must be love, respect and an unsullied desire for expression. Don't develop anything amidst bad energy for it is not a secure foundation and will not last. Always make decisions in a clear and conscious state of mind, don't allow blind hatred to make them for you. Have gratitude and know how to recognise and value the goodness availed to you when it is there. And lastly, learn to forgive and let go of past moments, don't allow them to consume you and cloud your vision. They are not in the present or future unless you willfully choose to hold onto them and carry them with you.

Edited by Screamin' Demon
  • Like 2

As sub-par as Axl is right now, I'll always have a weird admiration for his absolute non giving a fuck about what other people want. Even though I hate it and it sucks, it's part of what draws people to 'Axl Rose', I guess. He's famous for being an asshole, it's part of his character :lol:

Also, it's Betas fault.

• Like 2

For sometime I have been considering the life of Axl Rose in the last 20 years. If anything, his way of living in the past 20 years is a prime example of how a human being should not behave. The very flaw of continuing to use the name Gn'R without Slash or other former members was that it had been rooted in nothing but hatred and spite, along with an irrational sense of self-entitlement. There was no message of love or forgiveness or letting go of painful memories and paving the way for a better and happier life. Hatred and spite are blind: they may only push you so far, then they will eat you up from the inside out. The opportunities had been endless for him in the past, having been availed to some truly talented musicians with a high calibre.

But with hatred as his motivator, he had forgotten to show gratitude for what he still had and to value and treasure it. For this didn't happen, he had forced one great musician after another to walk out the door. Music is made with love and compassion towards band mates, it is created on a mutual agreement rooted in honesty and sincerity. It is not created by using musicians as an instrument for the channeling of hatred, nor is it created in bad energy. Referring to Axl's relationships, I sincerely believe that he was not the sole abuser but in reference to my aforementioned sentence, good relationships are also not created by bad energy. It was this same bad energy and hatred instead of love and forgiveness in relation to his past that had lured him into such volatile relationships which had all ended catastrophically.

The man feels psychologically unrealised and defeated: the notion of family and children never took place, nor did the realisation of his music, neither of which any amount of money in the world could ever make up for. Now we as fans are on the receiving end of his hatred. For we have for the most part not accepted his band to be Guns N' Roses, we are not deemed worthy of new music. We are to listen to the endless touring of the same music and only when his own band is renowned widely as Guns N' Roses may we hope for anything new. Realistically, that is never going to happen. So I leave an open question to all board members: what valuable lessons can we take from Axl Rose? I will offer my lessons taken.

Don't hate or be spiteful: the foundation of any creation must be love, respect and an unsullied desire for expression. Don't develop anything amidst bad energy for it is not a secure foundation and will not last. Always make decisions in a clear and conscious state of mind, don't allow blind hatred to make them for you. Have gratitude and know how to recognise and value the goodness availed to you when it is there. And lastly, learn to forgive and let go of past moments, don't allow them to consume you and cloud your vision. They are not in the present or future unless you willfully choose to hold onto them and carry them with you.

This is all projection, you only know what the celeb show you or what slips out.

Beyond that there is so much, much more and none of our business.

And what can we really know about anyone's lives that isn't firsthand?

Psychoanalyzing someone is putting out "bad energy"!

I know you are trying here to make something positive but there

is a lot of judgmental observations. Axl is person like anyone else

who deserves to not be fodder for the terminally bored.

With fans like you guys, who needs enemies?

You think you can demand new music and be abusive?

Well that's not up to fans! Start your own fkn band if you want control.

There are two paths. Some men become family men by a wonderful "mistake" and

others choose to not being tied down to a routine.

The best life is somewhere is between.

No judgment there.

This is all projection, you only know what the celeb show you or what slips out.

No judgment there.

I'm not interested in Axl's private side, I have simply outlined the things that we have seen which are prime examples of how a person shouldn't lead a life and the consequences for doing so. We are entitled to judge something as being good or bad, within good reason. You've totally lost the plot when you pulled out of thin air that I think I can be abusive and demand new music. I'm sorry what? I'm not being abusive nor am I creating any threads demanding anything. You on the other hand could not even finish your post without using profane and less than correct language, spilling your anger and implying absurd things about someone you know nothing about. I'm not seeking control over anything. I have control over my life, I feel lucky to have a curious mind and the desire for self-development and I couldn't ask for more.

Edited by Screamin' Demon

No judgment there.

I'm not interested in Axl's private side, I have simply outlined the things that we have seen which are prime examples of how a person shouldn't lead a life and the consequences for doing so. We are entitled to judge something as being good or bad, and for the past 20 odd years, numerous things he's done aren't good deeds . You've totally lost the plot when you pulled out of thin air that I think I can be abusive and demand new music. I'm not being abusive nor am I creating any threads demanding anything. You on the other hand could not even finish your thread without using profane and less than correct language, spilling your anger and implying absurd things about someone you know nothing about. I'm not seeking control over anything. I have control over my life, I feel lucky to have a curious mind and the desire for self-development and I couldn't ask for more.

My post was meant in general, not addressed to you.

"With fans like you guys, who needs enemies?

Well that's not up to fans! Start your own fkn band if you want control."

I'm quite sure Axl has a life outside his public persona, too.