Joe Perry says Slash/Aerosmith tour is happening

Nova Scotia had Black Sabbath last week which unfortunately I missed so this is awesome news and will be an experience to remember. Can honestly say that this summer is gonna kick serious ass and I'm glad my money was saved. It also marks my first time seeing Slash in concert, not sure how I'm gonna feel about the voice of Myles.

Edited by Street Of The Blues

Nova Scotia had Black Sabbath last week which unfortunately I missed so this is awesome news and will be an experience to remember. Can honestly say that this summer is gonna kick serious ass and I'm glad my money was saved. It also marks my first time seeing Slash in concert, not sure how I'm gonna feel about the voice of Myles.

Sabbath played Halifax, a decent sized city with lots of well populated surrounding areas, Sydney has 30,000 and nothing within a 2 hour drive that would be considered a large population, Must be banking on people making the drive from PEI and New Brunswick and other areas of Nova Scotia

I just checked ticketmaster for the price range for the LA show at the Forum. Blarghhhhhh. I mean it's not so much of the $50 nosebleeds or the $150 floor seats (did I get that term, right?) that I'm miffed about. That's pretty standard for a bill of this magnitude. It's the friken fees that gets makes you want to chuck the computer out of the window.

ttYa461.png

http://www.ticketmaster.com/aerosmith-let-rock-rule-inglewood-california-07-30-2014/event/09004C8414FBF378?artistid=734396&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

I'm out. I'll wait to see if there is a Slash headlining show at a cheaper price in the area or an Alter Bridge show (especially an Alter Bridge show ;) .)

those prices are pretty good compared to the venue nearest me. tickets 157.50 to 1200.

the decent seats are 275 damn. I don't think I wanna go that bad.

Let Rock Rule :rofl-lol:

I'm thinking it's a play on Lenny Kravit'z "Let Love Rule" tour that happened a few years back. I'm pretty sure Kravitz actually toured with Aerosmith for it.

I don't see how it's even remotely a terrible tour name. Certainly no worse than "No Trickery!"... now that is cringeworthy.

• Like 1

Looking at ticketmaster/livenations interactive charts this tour is selling like complete crap, but not as bad as the def leppard/kiss tour which is beyond crap, greedy bastards and what they charge

There's a second leg planned for this tour, not sure if it's with Slash though. It kind of depends on how well this tour is selling as Aerosmith's popularity has seriously waned the past decade, despite Steven Tyler trying to make it look like his stint at Idol revamped their popularity. Even if kids are checking it out, there's no way they can afford tickets for their shows anyway.

I'm thinking it's a play on Lenny Kravit'z "Let Love Rule" tour that happened a few years back. I'm pretty sure Kravitz actually toured with Aerosmith for it.

I don't see how it's even remotely a terrible tour name. Certainly no worse than "No Trickery!"... now that is cringeworthy.

Agreed, but I do find it ridiculous. Not everything works in comparison to, you know? "No Trickery! An Evening of Destruction!" is the lamest name for a tour I have heard in my life, that doesn't mean that "Let Rock Rule" isn't awfully ridiculous lol.

Thanks for the explanation Omar!

• Like 1

Agreed, but I do find it ridiculous. Not everything works in comparison to, you know? "No Trickery! An Evening of Destruction!" is the lamest name for a tour I have heard in my life, that doesn't mean that "Let Rock Rule" isn't awfully ridiculous lol.

Thanks for the explanation Omar!

As long as we agree (and you acknowledge) the no trickery thing is the lamest name for a tour in the history of mankind, then I'm cool if u just find Let Rock Rule "awfully ridiculous" lol.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you guys think about the Massey Hall? I hear that's a great venue in Toronto in terms of sound. Plus, that's the only venue I know that people plays in Toronto that is not the Air Canada Center.

Edited by Anguyen92

What do you guys think about the Massey Hall? I hear that's a great venue in Toronto in terms of sound. Plus, that's the only venue I know that people plays in Toronto that is not the Air Canada Center.

100 times better than Sound Academy :)

Seen many bands at Massey Hall and it has clear site lines, good sound.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just watched the interview where slash said vr were auditioning a singer and he said something no one picked up on relating to the Aerosmith tour. When asked if he was going to jam w the band he said yes, and when asked what they were going to play, he said something to the fact something they never played before. Could it be the song Slash and Steve Tyler did for his solo album? I think so.

I hope a solo Conspirators date gets added in the Toronto area before they head off to Europe.

Would be great if it was anywhere but the fucking Sound Academy :no:

Actually, it would be great if it were anywhere but Toronto atm.

Fuck man....that traffic! :scared: