Shows in L.A. And Vegas 2014

Padme

Hi Marc, next month in L.A. we have the Revolver Golden Gods. Axl is getting the Ronie James Dio Life Time Achivements Award. In May and June the Vegas shows. Any chance of seeing you there? You can buy tickets or you can participate in a contest and win tickets :P

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/206287-ultimate-guns-n-roses-experience-contest/

Really it would be a shame if you miss the L.A. show... For the old times? :axl92:

Wtf dude, why should marc have to pay for a ticket?

Marc tried to get tickets for L.A. show back in 2011 or so. TB didn´t give him the tickets. So he missed the show. His wife went but she bought her tickets

I work for a very known rap group. Never once have I asked for a ticket or a free CD. They are my friends & I support them by buying their CD's...Tix...etc. could I get this stuff for free? Sure, but out of respect I Dont.

If you work for a rap group I guess you get paid for the job you do. Marc worked for GN´R for free! He made flyers, pics and videos for free. He even gave the band money from his own pocket when the band needed. So I think he earn his right to get free tickets.

I get that, but Marc has a really important role in GNR's history. The point is, he shouldn't have to pay

I work for a very known rap group. Never once have I asked for a ticket or a free CD. They are my friends & I support them by buying their CD's...Tix...etc. could I get this stuff for free? Sure, but out of respect I Dont.

And gee, I wonder who you work for with that name :lol:

Edited by ZoSoRose

I don't like ICP's music but they are brilliant businessmen who are millionaires ten times over due to their merch. Their wrestling commentary is pretty funny though.

Marc doesn't seem like he feels entitled to go to Gn'R shows for free but due to his contributions to the band before many of you were even born it seems as though he should have lifetime tickets/passes.

I don't like ICP's music but they are brilliant businessmen who are millionaires ten times over due to their merch. Their wrestling commentary is pretty funny though.

Marc doesn't seem like he feels entitled to go to Gn'R shows for free but due to his contributions to the band before many of you were even born it seems as though he should have lifetime tickets/passes.

agree with you and many others in this topic, but for the fuck's sake can you please just drop the ageism for now?

Every post from you contains this "i'm older than you, i lived in 1986-87 and i'm a bigger fan because of this" yadda yadda

It IS annoying as fuck

So stop pls

Nobody cares at your age, bro

I'm sure that Marc doesn't give a damn about this either...

Edited by Crash Diet

I was invited to the wiltern gig (which was after the Forum one) by a friend and I turned it down. I wanted to go to the Forum gig but because they didn't want me there is why I didn't pay to see it. Even though they are upset with me for things that were not in my control, they still know that I did the right thing and they know I stick up for Axl when needed. That was me putting out a hand to them but I guess their not ready for that yet. Besides if Axl really didn't want me there and then found out I was there, it could of effected the gig somehow.

At the same time I think he would have been a bit offended that he was playing a gig in Los Angeles and I didn't come see it. That was the first time in 27 years that Axl played a gig in my town and I wasn't there. Sad that it had to go down like that.

It is sad. It just plain sucks. But you're the bigger man for it, knowing full well how temperamental he is and the fact that any little thing could set him off and ruin it for everyone.

I see no reason why you can't just get a ticket for their next gig and wear a baseball cap and just go and enjoy the show. Nobody needs to know you're there, certainly not "Team Brazil."

I honestly think the only way to re-build bridges with someone like Axl is to talk to him face to face, messages that you give to his management will be screened first, if they think he won't like it I'd say it's more than likely not going to reach him. Make it your business to meet with him and have it out if that's what he wants to do, at least after that the air will be cleared. Looking at him today, he seems happy and all that, but he obviously has nobody in his camp that will tell him he's wrong, if he doesn't sound good or what they actually think... from what you have said you were that guy. You don't owe him anything and you have reached out in a way but if you really wish him well, you should step in and try and give him some solid advice.

I may have come off wrong. If Marc wants to go then awesome! I hope he enjoys the gig and everything. Its just the principle of it really sucks. He contributed a ton to the band, especially in their early days and was a vital and close friend to most of the members. Even if it is just Axl now they were still good friends. Its just sad that now Marc would have to pay or find another way to get in because they aren't on the best terms. Its just sad to see a friendship go down like that.

Hope you two work things out someday, Marc. Not for the band's sake, but for your old friendship's sake

Having Axl's approval on my work was very important to me. Which I had in 1994. In 2006 I thought be would ok with it but just not really his first choice. Losing him really hurt and the fact that he was not able to see eye to eye with me on it was very Unfortunate. The fact that this is still going on after 7 years is crazy. What's even more strange is Beta has told me many times that I have said bad things about Axl and why would I do that and that Axl is hurt because of it.

Where is that coming from? All I do is defend him in interviews and in these chats. So now its not just about the book, somehow they think that I have said bad things about AXl. The problem is if I say something good about Slash while defending AXl, they see it as saying bad things. For me there is no way out of it. I speak my mind and I don't have bad things to say about AXl. All.

Maybe one day we will bump into each other and talk it out. This is not something that going to be planed. It just has to happen on it's own or Axl has to just realize somehow that I don't mean him harm.

I was the most stable person in his life when he needed me. There was nothing that he couldn't talk to me about.

Edited by recklessroad

The fact that this is still going on after 7 years is crazy.

That really sucks, and I think in a way we all understand the position you're in. I think this line from your post sums up being a GNR fan post 1996 perfectly. You think "it can't really be this crazy, right?" and then once it happens to you you just become part of the system that those already there have learned to accept. What makes this worse is its sad to see even someone as close to the band as you can be subject to this as well.