The Pretty Reckless

Black Sabbath

She's really not that hot and she's a classic example of someone who tries to be really hot. She's fine, but she's not as hot as they make her out to be. She's got more of a stripper sort of look, which to me just isn't very attractive.

And their band is basically the quintessential example of a band getting fame solely because the singer is a female and because she was already semi-known. If this band was made up of nobodies, you would NEVER have heard them. And for good reason. They haven't done anything thats above being "decent" in quality and I haven't seen them do anything that makes them not just merely look like a vehicle for this girl to explore. I'm happy to not have had to catch them live with GNR, but I've heard them talked about in other circles and listened to the music. It all seems like its trying too hard to be dark and they have yet to write a song of any actual impressive quality. I'm surprised they've gotten as far as they have already.

She's really not that hot and she's a classic example of someone who tries to be really hot. She's fine, but she's not as hot as they make her out to be. She's got more of a stripper sort of look, which to me just isn't very attractive.

And their band is basically the quintessential example of a band getting fame solely because the singer is a female and because she was already semi-known. If this band was made up of nobodies, you would NEVER have heard them. And for good reason. They haven't done anything thats above being "decent" in quality and I haven't seen them do anything that makes them not just merely look like a vehicle for this girl to explore. I'm happy to not have had to catch them live with GNR, but I've heard them talked about in other circles and listened to the music. It all seems like its trying too hard to be dark and they have yet to write a song of any actual impressive quality. I'm surprised they've gotten as far as they have already.

From now on you can just speak for me.

I didn't think they were very good live when I saw them open for "GNR." I liked OP's YouTube videos a bit better than the live performances. What really bothers me about the band is that its a hard rock/new rock band, centered around her, not the guitars or the band in general. By making herself the focus, she degrades the musical quality, IMO. Rock bands are about music, not scantily dressed blondes who are barely of age parading around like they own the place. Attitude is cool, complete self-absorption is not, this is why I like a lot of Evanescence's stuff; they're a band, not an objectifying little girl with a microphone, and some musicians who were undoubtedly inorganically tapped for the job.

• Like 1

But then again none of the original Evanescence are still with Amy. It's just her and whoever she's hired.

Halestorm is much more what you want to cite in terms of a band environment, and lineup stability.

Yeah I'm referring to when Evanescence was moreso a proper band. I like some of Halestorm's stuff, I don't know, all of this new rock is has a weird heaviness to it that I don't like. Don't get me wrong, I like heavy stuff (Megadeth, Maiden etc.), but there's very few bands out there doing true hard rock in the style of Guns, VH, Zepp, Triumph. Taddy Porter had a great first album, Silvertide too.

I didn't think they were very good live when I saw them open for "GNR." I liked OP's YouTube videos a bit better than the live performances. What really bothers me about the band is that its a hard rock/new rock band, centered around her, not the guitars or the band in general. By making herself the focus, she degrades the musical quality, IMO. Rock bands are about music, not scantily dressed blondes who are barely of age parading around like they own the place. Attitude is cool, complete self-absorption is not, this is why I like a lot of Evanescence's stuff; they're a band, not an objectifying little girl with a microphone, and some musicians who were undoubtedly inorganically tapped for the job.

Agreed with most of that, although I also agree with some of what moreblack said. I haven't heard Evanescence, although I know them, but everything I've always been exposed to has been about the lead woman (apologies that I do not know her name). So I kind of see them as similar, except that The Pretty Reckless is for all intents and purposes fronted by a little girl. I feel creepy watching her lift her shirt, but I wouldn't have any problem with Evanescence doing it because at least she's an adult who can form her own opinions.

Overall, I'm glad not everyone is overwhelmingly positive towards them, and I am sorry Omar that you were subjected to them live. Thankfully, aside from GNR, they have not opened for anyone I have seen live so I've been lucky.

They're just another bad band that has to dust up publicity by their singer getting naked.

Honestly I don't see how people can bash Miley Cyrus for being an attention whore and then go and listen to this band.

Yup, agreed. I mean just look at their album cover.... it's just her naked with some tattoo. Pretty similar to what Miley Cyrus did with that Wrecking Ball shenanigans (I think? I don't follow this stuff so correct me if I'm wrong). It's not like the musicians in the band suck - they're solid, but it's just so clearly not an organically formed band.

They're just another Nu-metal cock rock band that exists to get slathered onto your local MODERN RAWK radio station in between Shine-Down and cuts from Death Magnetic.

The only reason people like them is because Cindy Lou-Who is sexy now.

That being said, I would drop my cock in that like a drone strike.

Edited by LiveFromNormal

Taylor works with what she's got. She's an attractive young woman, and she knows how to get attention. No question there. But I dig the music. They're fun and have a cool energy. Not a favorite by any stretch, and I wouldn't pay much to see them live, but I love Going to Hell and am looking forward to the new record.

And yeah, Miley is an attention whore, but she's also remarkably fucking talented.

• Like 1

Taylor works with what she's got. She's an attractive young woman, and she knows how to get attention. No question there. But I dig the music. They're fun and have a cool energy. Not a favorite by any stretch, and I wouldn't pay much to see them live, but I love Going to Hell and am looking forward to the new record.

And yeah, Miley is an attention whore, but she's also remarkably fucking talented.

Spot on, pretty much.

Though, after seeing them open for Gn'R in Camden, I would recommend seeing them live. It's a good live show, not only for the music/performance, but the eye candy as well.

From now on you can just speak for me.

this is the same thing axl did w GnR - make it all about him but w/out being a hot blonde chick

"and some musicians who were undoubtedly inorganically tapped for the job." --yeah, who the fuck does that sound like, BBF and DJ??

Edited by jmapelian