Wu-Tang Clan releasing a single copy of an album you can only hear at museums

Nobodys_Fault

http://www.avclub.com/article/wu-tang-clan-releasing-single-copy-album-you-can-o-202691

The sole copy of Once Upon A Time In Shaolin will be encased inside an engraved silver-and-nickel box designed by British-Moroccan artist Yahya, then taken on a tour through museums, art galleries, and festivals. There—and only there—visitors will be able to listen to all 128 minutes of its 31 songs on headphones, and only after enduring a rigorous security check to eliminate the risk of any recording devices. Once the album has completed that tour, it will then be sold to a single buyer for a price estimated to be “in the millions.”

This is ridiculous even by Wu standards. :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

No shit, on my mothers life i opened this thread listening to:

And my response to the topic of the thread is 'OH FOR FUCKSSAKE DONT DO THIS TO ME!' :lol:

Please God let it get to us somehow!

Wow. So they hype this shit up for years and then don't even let anyone listen to it unless they happen to live in one of the cities that the "exhibit" comes through. How much will it cost to listen to it? How will they handle the queues when each person spends over an hour listening to the album? No one's going to hear the fucking thing.

And of course that album is going to leak.

Wonder what they'll think of that?

Honestly, they're treating this thing like JD Salinger's Ocean Full of Bowling Balls. I doubt it ever leaks unless a second copy somehow finds its way out.

Guest Len B'stard

End of the day it's The Clan so fuck everybody. All i can do is stand up and applaud, fuck it, I guess i'm looking to go to a museum. Wu Tang Forever :) Although yes, it appears The Clan done lost they GOD-damn mind :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Whys everyone so annoyed here? :lol: The music there, it's being put out there, in a unique and imaginative way. You ask where are the greats of our times, where are the stunts, where are the people looking for new and interesting way to do shit and where are the people with unwaivering commitment to their craft...I give you the Wu Tang Clan. I think it's the best idea i heard in years.

• Like 1

If it still gets out there in a timely fashion, then fine. I won't think anything of the museum thing, but I won't hate it if it doesn't prevent the people from hearing the music. If they're for real with all this security shit and the album doesn't get out there, fuck them. That's not the Wu I love.

• Like 1

Why? Find the release idea kinda pompous?

Pretty much. The only thing like this that I've heard of is a JD Salinger manuscript at a library in the States somewhere. You have to do all these rigorous security checks and stuff just to get in and read it.

Wu are not Salinger, they can't get away with this shit.

Is Raekwon part of this album?

So they're releasing 2 new albums this year?

Yeah, A Better Tommorow is still scheduled to be released later this year. This one is already finished and is lying in a vault somewhere in Morocco. The entire clan is on it plus Redman and "FC Barcelona soccer players". :lol:

Is Raekwon part of this album?

So they're releasing 2 new albums this year?

Yeah, A Better Tommorow is still scheduled to be released later this year. This one is already finished and is lying in a vault somewhere in Morocco. The entire clan is on it plus Redman and "FC Barcelona soccer players". :lol:

Cool. When was it recorded? Why Morocco?