Wu-Tang Clan releasing a single copy of an album you can only hear at museums

Nobodys_Fault

Guest Len B'stard

Postin' Ghost should be disallowed cuz every verse outta Ghost is always the best possible you coulda heard!

I went obvious, WHUT?!?!?

Edited by sugaraylen

The last page of this thread has convinced me to listen to everything everyone in wutang has ever done starting tonight.

Ahh young warrior. That is no small task. For there is much to learn in the ways of the wu tang style. But enough training and discipline and you too can become master of the shaolin. And perhaps even, a god!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v40KJS5WERw

Imagine gettin shot up with ol dirty insulin, you bound to catch aids or somethin

Not sayin I got it, but if I got it n#gga you got it. What!!!

You gotta go to 36 Chambers for the roots. It's a classic. A top 5 all time album. That said, I wonder if it'll sound dated to younger ears. I know you're astute enough that you'll pick up on its brilliance and its importance within the context of early 90s hip hop, but I'm not sure it's something you'll want to continue to listen to after you've gotten a feel for it. Maybe I'm wrong. I still love it. But I'm like 10 years older than you or whatever.

From there I'd go to some of the stronger early solo albums. I'm basically taking you through my own intro. This is my preferred order: listen to Method Man's Tical, GZA's Liquid Swords, Ghost's Ironman, ODB's Return to the 36 Chambers (by that point you'll understand how to place ODB within the group as a whole). Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. Then go to Wu Tang Forever. If you're still with us at that point, you'll be ready to take the reigns.

• Like 2

Guest Len B'stard

Two of my fuckin' heroes right there, Dirty & Mef' :) Back when MCs wore street clothes and your average person could approach em. I remember when i was little and Wu came to London on tour and people say they would just walk the streets, talk to people on the street, they had that street thing to where they were totally approachable.

There's some crazy stories out there about these guys y'know, not just your average shit is slung at them, these guys had accusations of shit like gun running, arms deals and shit, crazy.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Apparently its gonna consist of 31 songs recorded over 6 years :)

History demonstrates that great musicians such as Beethoven, Mozart and Bach are held in the same high esteem as figures like Picasso, Michelangelo and Van Gogh. However, the creative output of today’s artists such as The RZA, Kanye West or Dr. Dre, is not valued equally to that of artists like Andy Warhol, Damien Hirst or Jean-Michel Basquiat…By adopting a 400 year old Renaissance-style approach to music, offering it as a commissioned commodity and allowing it to take a similar trajectory from creation to exhibition to sale, as any other contemporary art piece, we hope to inspire and intensify urgent debates about the future of music. We hope to steer those debates toward more radical solutions and provoke questions about the value and perception of music as a work of art in today’s world.