Has it ever been this negative before?

I guess I'm still relatively new to this forum so I don't really know. Was it like this before 2006? Axls voice was completely different from what people enjoy, like what he have today and a world tour was cancelled. Usually there's quite an even mix of people who love, like and dislike what's going on, on this site... when I look through peoples comments it seems overwhelmingly negative, I even find that I'm increasingly more and more negative and usually like to stay in the middle.

Well the landscape has completely changed.

Tell us in 2002 we'd get what we got in 2006 and we'd call you crazy.

Tell us in 2006 we'd get what we got in 2011 and we'd call your crazy, for different reasons.

The negativity on this forum (and in the GN'R world) would lessen considerably if Axl would start releasing or at least playing some new music. Now, most of us are just fed up with the same ole' tour, the same ole' songs, and the same ole' Mickey.

It's more negative now than it has been in the past six years, but for good reason. Also, I imagine it was pretty negative in the early 00s as well.

All negativity would go away if Axl did reunion..

Hardly. The Axl/NuGun nutswingers would bitch and complain, and the rest of us that have been eagerly awaiting seeing the original band together since 1994 would feel a crushing disappointment that would be like the Phantom Menace times a million.

Fat old wheezy Axl Mickey Mousing through the songs while the other guys still look relatively good for their age.

The reunion could have been the biggest thing in music if it had happened any time in the last decade. Now it's too fucking late.

Not in this lifetime.

Edited by estrangedtwat
  • Like 3

All negativity would go away if Axl did reunion..

I doubt that to be honest. After the initial excitement performances would still be critiqued and analysed ad infinitum and once hearing the hits performed by the old band got a bit stale the pressure for AFD#2 would gain momentum.

This is how I envisage it.

I think in the past, we knew there was still time. Now we are seeing it's all lost. My personal outlook has been much more negative. And I'm about to quit visiting Sites like this. I probably already would have if the leaks never happened. Seems like the only chance at ever hearing a new song will be some one posting a link on a forum before the link is removed.

If GNR announced a record, this board would go fucking crazy with excitement. Fact!

I mean for god sake, look at the way we responded to a handful of remixes. The disillusionment is totally provisional.

• Like 1

Trust me! GnR reunion would be talked all over the world..It would be that big deal!! Axl is crazy not doing it. It's not about money for me. Because that band was legendary and I don't think Axl would ruin it..Just talk the shit with Slash and do it..Even Alice Cooper supports this :P :

If Axl put a little more effort into GnR then most of the negativity here would disappear.

Get in top vocal shape.
Do an occasional interview.

Play two new songs on this tour, plus add a couple old songs to the set.

Release an album in the next year.

That's it.

It seems to me it's a cycle. We get touring and get mad because it's not close to expectations, then during the break we talk ourselves into getting excited that Axl is working on new material and a new image but then the tour starts and it seems to be more of the same.

I think right now it's gotten really negative because we got excited about the possibility of a fresh start with Axl and new songs and we were let down for the fifth or sixth time. The fans are just frustrated because we care, but it's easy to see Axl isn't interested in music, or doing anything creative anymore. He's just become complacent.

Well, until 2008 it was an interesting era. Every now and then a leak or "release date" for Chinese Democracy or another reunion rumor came out, so there has always been something to discuss. Chinese Democracy was a mystical album at that point (at least for the media), so that was the center of GN'R universe. But then Chinese Democracy finally was released and now we're here... without hopes and dreams.

Well, until 2008 it was an interesting era. Every now and then a leak or "release date" for Chinese Democracy or another reunion rumor came out, so there has always been something to discuss. Chinese Democracy was a mystical album at that point (at least for the media), so that was the center of GN'R universe. But then Chinese Democracy finally was released and now we're here... without hopes and dreams.

Pretty much.

Most of the supporters of the band have left the forum or been banned, ratio of haters to supporters is higher than ever.

It's not haters vs. supporters, though, don't fall into that Team Brazil/Jarmo crap.

There's those of us who want the best for this band and are dismayed and heartbroken to see it at its worst.

• Like 3

2004-2006 (pre-tour) comes to mind... 2007 as well, because of the lack of Chinese Democracy.

But that was different. That was just... complete silence. Nothingness. This is different. This is active but disappointing and unproductive.

Edited by username

OP asked why forum was so negative and I gave my opinion. If it isn't the voice, its the members, its the attire etc... Most people can't get over the fact Slash left, simples.

Yeah, there's those guys, and there's guys who are upset that Bucket and Finck left, but there's also those who are just unhappy that the nununuBand is cashing on the success of previous bands, mostly the classic line-up, and that Axl sounds worse than ever and doesn't seem to give a shit.

• Like 1

This is the worst since I found the site in 06 or 07

Well, the year in between the album and Taipei was bad too

You serious? All the forums were buzzing in 2006. Hands down this is the most negative I've seen the forum in the 10 years I've been frequenting.