Heavy Metal Tribute to Florence + The Machine

axlslash

I really like F+TM, and this looks like a pretty neat record. Don't know any of the bands, but the tracks they put out so far as previews are neat as shit. Can't wait to hear the rest!

An album made up of metal covers of Florence + the Machine songs is set for release, NME reports.

"Florence + the Sphinx" is set for release on May 13 via Sumerian Records and features tracks from Periphery, Stick to Your Guns and Ben Bruce of Asking Alexandria, reports AltPress. Scroll down for a full tracklisting and to listen to Periphery's "Only if for a Night," Stick to Your Guns' "Dog Days Are Over" and Come the Dawn's "What the Water Gave Me."

Speaking about the record, Sumerian's co-founder Ash Avildsen commented: "To me, 'Ceremonials' by Florence + the Machine is one of the most timeless records to come out in years. The distinctive vocals and melodies, the orchestration and instrumentation, the production, the mood and the lyrics have made me enamored with the album. It is also one of the heaviest records in years to me ... not in the sense of metal and aggressive vocals/guitars/drums, but in how the songs make you feel."

The "Florence + the Sphinx" tracklisting is:01. "Only if for a Night" by Periphery
02. "Dog Days Are Over" by Stick to Your Guns
03. "Shake It Out" by Ben Bruce of Asking Alexandria
04. "Spectrum" by Darkest Hour
05. "No Light, No Light" by Miss Fortune
06. "Leave My Body" by Fever Dreamer
07. "Seven Devils" by Born of Osiris
08. "What the Water Gave Me" by Come the Dawn
09. 'Lover to Lover' by Upon a Burning Body
10. "Heartlines" by Mike Semesky of Intervals
11. "Remain Nameless" by Dead Letter Circus
12. "All This and Heaven Too" by City in the Sea