Another coffee thread.

arnold layne

Guest Len B'stard

I am VERY familiar with Rik Mayall and Bottom (no jokes please, I'm English).

"Happy Birthday to Ritchie, love all the lads on the Ark Royal"

:lol:

They never forget an old serviceman

By service man i suppose you mean the time you got arrested pretending to be the captain...just to impress Ethel Cardew

Yeah, it worked!

No it didn't, she got off with the arresting officer!

Yeah, it worked for him!

Sheer fucking comedy genius! :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

SLEEP ON THE SOFA, ON MY HONEYMOON?!?!?! MY MOTHER WARNED ME ABOUT YOU, YOU BASTARD!!! :lol:

JUST CUZ IM A BIRD DOESN'T MEAN IM NOT HANDY WTH ME DUKES!!!

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Bollocks, you killed him, he was dead before he hit the floor! :lol: Weird, i was just watching:

Although this thread sort of led me there so it's not weird at all :lol:

I have two coffees each day. One in the morning: a Nespresso capsule (the dark green ones) which is really delicious, followed by a cafe latte with two sugars at about 10am. If I'm really tired I might have another at lunchtime, but otherwise I'm fine for the rest of the day. I drink wine in the afternoon. :awesomeface:

I have two coffees each day. One in the morning: a Nespresso capsule (the dark green ones) which is really delicious, followed by a cafe latte with two sugars at about 10am. If I'm really tired I might have another at lunchtime, but otherwise I'm fine for the rest of the day. I drink wine in the afternoon. :awesomeface:

Love me some Nespresso, love having one with breakfast on weekends which is usually freshly made brioche.

• Like 1

Walking is un-American. If someone is walking in America, he is probably a commie.

When I was over in PA back in 2000 one of the women I worked with was telling me how she used to walk around her neighbourhood and people would keep stopping to offer her a ride. When she said she was just out for a walk they looked at her as though she'd just escaped from the loony-bin. :lol:

Cannonball Taffy O Jones is hands down the greatest character name ever :lol:

"You ignorant English wankers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :lol:

Thank God you rocked up. These plebeians have such awful taste in coffee.

*cue whining about Melbournites being a buncha wankers about coffee*

Walking is un-American. If someone is walking in America, he is probably a commie.

When I was over in PA back in 2000 one of the women I worked with was telling me how she used to walk around her neighbourhood and people would keep stopping to offer her a ride. When she said she was just out for a walk they looked at her as though she'd just escaped from the loony-bin. :lol:

That is exactly what happened to Bryson. You should really read Bryson's Notes From A Big Country which is a series of things he wrote for British readers, while living in America.

That is exactly what happened to Bryson. You should really read Bryson's Notes From A Big Country which is a series of things he wrote for British readers, while living in America.

Bryson is great. I'm planning to read a few of his books (again) when I'm on holiday. He makes me laugh out loud, which doesn't happen very often when I'm reading a book. :)

Oh, and on topic: I can't get through the day without coffee. If I don't drink at least a few cups a day, I get a terrible headache, always drink it black. I've always been prone to addiction. Nothing serious, luckily, but I only started drinking coffee after I'd given up on cigarettes. Coffee is my cigarette now.

Edited by Lio

I love Bill Bryson and I've read that book but can't remember that bit. Did love the part about the alcoholic Republican neighbour at the beginning though. :lol: