Was Axl offered guest spots on any noteworthy albums over the years?

Hey Marc. When Axl first resurfaced wearing the hockey jersey in '06 at the Korn party, the journalist who wrote the RS article mentioned how one of the bandmembers (either of Korn or a similar band) approached Axl at the party and asked him to do guest vocals on one of their upcoming albums. For whatever reason I often think of this anecdote when I consider how Axl was probably sought after by a number of artists/bands in the mid-to-late-'90s and onward and I can only wonder whether he turned down/ignored any offers from high-profile records or bands.

Just wondering... do you know of any? Did he mention anything of this sort over the years to you? During the whole sleaze rock comeback in the early '00s I imagine a lot of groups probably would have killed to have Axl do a backing vocal or something to give their song more notoriety.

Hey Marc. When Axl first resurfaced wearing the hockey jersey in '06 at the Korn party, the journalist who wrote the RS article mentioned how one of the bandmembers (either of Korn or a similar band) approached Axl at the party and asked him to do guest vocals on one of their upcoming albums.

It was Good Charlotte and Axl was approached at Korn's tour launch party. Axl wasn't into it but politely referred them to Merck.