Ace Frehley at Texas Frightmare

Val22

Ace, former guitar space man from KISS, will appear at this year's Texas Frightmare. It's the first weekend in May.

This is awesome.

Also appearing is fellow rocker, Dee Snider, lead singer to Twisted Sister.

I can't wait to meet Dee. I loved his show with his family. His kids were so funny.

I think it's awesome that two cool rockers are appearing at a horror convention together.

I can't wait to meet them both. I know Ace will have tons to talk about especially about the whole Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction.

Since I'm originally from Brooklyn, NY, I can't wait to meet Dee too. My brother used to see TS at a local Long Island club back in the 70's. He has such good memories of those times. TS was crazy back then.

Anyway, I got my tickets and along with Dee and Ace there will also be a Terminator reunion with Linda Hamilton, Michael Biehn and Robert Patrick.

Every year this convention gets better and better and it's just fun to meet other horror fans and discuss your favorites actors and movies.

If anyone lives in Texas or even if you're out of state, many people from all around the country and world come to this convention, and if you're a true horror fan, check it out.

They have a cool website too. My daughter and I go every year and it's one of the best things we get to do together.

Edited by Val22

Since I'm originally from Brooklyn, NY, I can't wait to meet Dee too. My brother used to see TS at a local Long Island club back in the 70's.

Was the club called L'amours?

That con sounds great. Have fun!

Hopefully Ace will have some cd news or info on a tour. I haven't seem him in a few years, he needs to hit the road.

Ace was the most stand-offish of the KISS members I've met, but I imagine at a convention he'd be pretty approachable. He's the most hit or miss of the KISS guys I find. Some people have awesome stories about meeting him, others not so much. Mine was kind of in between. He was nice enough to stop for a picture but nothing more, no comments or a hand shake or anything but it was after a show so I'm willing to bet he was overly tired and just wanted to hit the road.

yeah, ive met ace last year at days of the dead chicago, and basically its like the simpsons episode kamp krusty with "now kids, ace wont be saying or doing anything..." basically, you pay 30 bucks to sign your item like an lp or cd its i think 150 for bigger things....and he doesnt make eye contact, you pay an extra 30 bucks to take a photo with him. he signs the thing, takes the photo, says "thanks" and thats it...

I agree with Axl's comment, (although I do not know why he still permits it at his shows). The whole paid 'meet and greet' thing - which is really something that has just happened over the last 10-15 years, is completely lame. It is just so un-rock n' roll: there is my money; sign this; photo op; some tacky merchandise to take home; thank you very much. I think bands are doing it just to cream money out of the fans, because the compact disc market went tits up.

But yes, I would never pay for this. It is an insult really, an insult to the fans. Did you know that Cary Grant used to - personally - charge $2 for autographs? The most highly paid actor in the word, taking $500,000 per film from the gross, and the guy is pocketing kids' paper round money to sign a bit of paper!!

The club was called Speak's

My brother said TS was there mostly every week. This was before MTV and way before they got a record contract. They would rag on disco and rip up posters of John Travolta.

It's called Texas Frightmare and has been coming to Dallas for a long time now.

It's fun to meet some actors and all people who are connected with horror movies. It's cool to meet other fans.

Yeah, you pay to meet them, but is it any different from paying for a movie ticket or concert ticket?

At least here to get to spend time talking to them and most of the actors have panels with a Q &A time.

Everyone that goes has a very good time. Since horror is never representing anywhere else this convention is a great place to meet and greet and meet new friends too.

My daughter and I have been going for years now and everyone we meet is great to talk to and take pictures with.

The actors don't have to do this and many take their time talking to fans. Some of them stay long after closing to make sure every fan on their line gets a picture and autograph.

Conventions are very common these days and most fans enjoy it and look forward to it.

Corey Taylor or Stone Sour has been added.

also the members of the band Ghost will be walking around the convention. Can't wait to see those guys just strolling around in full makeup.

also a Terminator reunion and Aliens reunion and tons of other guest. George Romero is there again. This guy has tons of fans. His line is usually the longest.

also a Hellraiser reunion too.

I think this might be one of the best years yet.

My son is also going this year. He wants to meet Ace, Dee and Corey.