Great vocal of Patience in SP

How can anyone complain about Axl's vocal last night! He sounds so great and strong on Patience last night in SP. Proves he hasn't lost his voice one bit he's just conserving it at times. At the end even adds the rasp that all of you so obsess about constantly! I'm now convinced if he sings Patience at Golden Goda he's blow everyone away. It's the song that best suits his voice now.

Edited by Janis
  • Like 1

His voice is never as bad as people say it is, with rare exception

Yeh and It's obvious he's conserving his higher register rasp type singing coz at his age he can't sustain it for long anymore. His baritone register is perfectly intact.

Yeh and It's obvious he's conserving his higher register rasp type singing coz at his age he can't sustain it for long anymore. His baritone register is perfectly intact.

yeah at his age its imposible considering 2010 never happened and he started with this in 2011

• Like 1

yeah at his age its imposible considering 2010 never happened and he started with this in 2011

It's obvious he overdid the rasp on 2010 tour as when he came back the following year he sings his voice had lost some of that grit. Since Rio 2011 he hasn't been able to sustain it. I don't care though coz his baritone register is so rich and beautiful that it makes up for it. He just needs more acoustic songs to show off that part of his voice more now.

Edited by Janis

It's obvious he overdid the rasp on 2010 tour as when he came back the following year he sings his voice had lost some of that grit. Since Rio 2011 he hasn't been able to sustain it. I don't care though coz his baritone register is so rich and beautiful that it makes up for it. He just needs more acoustic songs to show off that part of his voice more now.

So youre saying that his current voice is richer and he must play acoustic songs? his voice is just in a bad condition! and of course he sounds good in patience, that song is just like "talking" to him

2010 probably killed his voice (it was worth it, though!), as I still think he has been overall fine since then. A few terrible shows, for sure but its not nearly as bad as we make it out to be.

A lot of 2011-2012 was fantastic, and ironically, reviews from the general public seemed to always praise his voice on the 2011-12 USA tours.

• Like 3

When he goes into "I been walking the streets at night " he sounds fantastic !! After that he takes out the rasp from the rest but that line was killer!

I think he is truly warming up his voice in South America, he probably hadn't sung since last tour. I feel like if he wanted he could pull out the crazy rasp but that he's not in good enough vocal/physical shape to get through the whole concert if he does it.. He'd probably not make it through one song if he did it honestly. This Ofcourse is just all speculation because I'm just hoping he hasn't lost it :)

Ig we shall see if he still has it come the golden globe performance because he has no reason to hold back there!

• Like 1

So youre saying that his current voice is richer and he must play acoustic songs? his voice is just in a bad condition! and of course he sounds good in patience, that song is just like "talking" to him

Well if he is singing that mickey mouse falsetto style and sounding bad in that high range then it's better for him to switch to the stronger part of his voice more often which is his lower range. If his voice was in bad condition he would sound terrible in Patience. He shouldn't sing only acoustic songs now but he def should add in at least 3 more to the show, and even do some slow tempo covers if he has to. It would be a nice variation. He sounds good in Patience because of his phrasing and quality of voice. Some people get too hung up on wanting Axl to just be this loud raspy rock singer but if you truly listen he's not just "talking" as you say but he sings it it with great lyrical phrasing and musicality.

Why is this a thread?

So you're complaining about a positive thread about Axl?! Why not go to one of the threads crapping on Axl and ask the OP why that is a thread? Wow things are weird here. There's so many negative threads on the board that I thought would be good to to being some positivity.

• Like 1

Why is this a thread?

So you're complaining about a positive thread about Axl?! Why not go to one of the threads crapping on Axl and ask the OP why that is a thread? Wow things are weird here. There's so many negative threads on the board that I thought would be good to to being some positivity.

I'm bitching because there is already a whole thread devoted to this show, not because of the content. I'll bitch equally when the whiners repeat themselves.

Why is this a thread?

I'm bitching because there is already a whole thread devoted to this show, not because of the content. I'll bitch equally when the whiners repeat themselves.

There are random threads here. I don't care what someone creates a thread on. I got frustrated haha coz people are crapping on Axl's voice so much.

Why is this a thread?

There are random threads here. I don't care what someone creates a thread on. I got frustrated haha coz people are crapping on Axl's voice so much.

That's not going to change no matter how many threads are started, but I'm not a mod and really don't have any reason to give you a hard time, so carry on.

I think Patience, CD, Jungle, Easy, Brownstone, whole rosie and seeker are sung in a range which Axl is completely comfortable with. It's hard to fuck up these songs.

Yea he is usually fine on those songs, even on bad nights he can get through them ok. Its just the other songs that are.......eh......right now lol.

When he goes into "I been walking the streets at night " he sounds fantastic !! After that he takes out the rasp from the rest but that line was killer!

Yes, that line sounded great!

Patience is probably the song that better suits his current skills and possibilities. It's slow and doesn't requires the pitched voice. I think his mistake is trying to play the songs as they have always sounded. New versions with a more "relaxed" voice would do him and us a favour.

Reminds me of some of the 2002 performances.

It wasn't bad but calling it great is a stretch. It was an average performance and the outro sounded meh. I agree with the sentiment stated about the "I've been walking the streets at night," line; that was the best part of the whole song. It's a shame he couldn't deliver that rasp for the remainder of the song.

After hearing the rasp of the walking the streets line, I am pretty sure he just doesn't use the rasp to conserve his voice. I have noticed many singers in recent years doing the same type of thing. James Hetfield and Eddie Vedder have developed a more clean singing style. I guess we just have to get used to it.

That he's preserving it is utter BS. It will ruin his voice if he has no power behind the rasp. The lack of power is a lack of preparation and training and he's slowly getting in to it since he has done a few shows now. When he was in shape (physically AND breathing-wise) he could do the rasp comfortably.