This is the End... I'm Making My Peace With It.

Take it for what it is, man. After Rio 2011 Axl went to shit in my eyes. If he ever gets back, I'll be happy but until then, there's nothing I can do but... :rofl-lol:. Period.

Remember, each one of us were delusional at one point.

Is it delusional when he was actually good at some stage though? Are you saying we were wrong to enjoy 2010 in hindsight?

If we were all honest with ourselves, we would admit that it was over the day Guns stepped off stage in Argentina, 1993.

If we were truly honest with ourselves, we would realize that it was over the moment they left the stage at Farm Aid in 1990.

Oh, I do not believe that. There was enough in the bank after that, granted they were fucked as songwriters after Stradlin left. Axl, Slash, Duff - these guys were talented to produce something.

He should've got these guys in the studio before Rock in Rio and threw together the remnants that are floating in the ether ie Atlas, The General, Thyme, Oklahoma, Going Down, OMG... the others I'm sure could conjure five songs or already have created 50... and voila... building on the momentum of the ChiDem tour... but what the hell happened? Instead we get the same old roundabout but have lost a spot or two for Democracy songs and have a substandard voice that's only showing glimpses of the greatness he had a few years back.

If we were all honest with ourselves, we would admit that it was over the day Guns stepped off stage in Argentina, 1993.

If we were truly honest with ourselves, we would realize that it was over the moment they left the stage at Farm Aid in 1990.

Oh, I do not believe that. There was enough in the bank after that, granted they were fucked as songwriters after Stradlin left. Axl, Slash, Duff - these guys were talented to produce something.

What did they do after that? Finish a bunch of mostly written songs, lose Izzy and release a sub-par covers album. In other words, nothing.

The Illusion albums were good. Some filler and not a patch on Appetite, but still good. The tour was good. A bit over the top and Axl should have retired the gay shorts but most nights it was successful. TSI was a piece of crap of course.

The Illusion albums were good. Some filler and not a patch on Appetite, but still good. The tour was good. A bit over the top and Axl should have retired the gay shorts but most nights it was successful. TSI was a piece of crap of course.

The Illusions were mostly written before Steven was gone.

That is subjective. Here are the songs by the way,

Back off Bitch

November Rain

Perfect Crime

Don't Cry

Bad Obsession

The Garden

Yesterdays

You Could Be Mine.

Civil War

Personally, I just like the Stradlin songs on that album.

Every song on UYI was written when Adler was still in the band. The album that was coming after TSI was going to be amazing, there are sessions of the songs, with Stradlin in the and in 1994. It didn't work out though, they're just sitting in a box waiting for somebody to get them out.

Yeah, that's subjective. What isn't is that Steven leaving was the beginning of the end and that Farm Aid was the last real Guns show ever.

I too hate when people use that Argentina 93 gig as some end all date lol.. Two out of the original members were GONE!!! Izzy fuking Stradlin was GONE! You cannot say they were the band that hit it big anymore once those two left because they weren't. (unless ofcourse you only care about when slash left)

Edited by Estranged Coma
  • Like 1

Like many my interest in this GNR fell by the wayside following the last RIR appearance, I don't hold out any hope for future recordings etc but I will be there if they eventually drop.

My intense dislike for DJ Ashba and my belief he will actually detract from any possible GNR albums doesn't really help.

I like having Axl on the road though, he's an interesting dude and I genuinely wish him all the best. He doesn't owe me or you anything.

• Like 1

I would have loved to see the Gilby-version of GNR pull out a hard-rocking album after TSI. Sort of a back-to-the-roots kind of deal. It would have been highly improbable, but the optimist in me thinks it could happen. And if not that, seeing Zakk Wylde in the band with Slash would have been interesting.

That is subjective. Here are the songs by the way,

Back off Bitch

November Rain

Perfect Crime

Don't Cry

Bad Obsession

The Garden

Yesterdays

You Could Be Mine.

Civil War

Personally, I just like the Stradlin songs on that album.

The album that was coming after TSI was going to be amazing,

Can someone post the facekicker charleton heston laugh? Thank you in advance.