Sebastian Bach--GIVE 'EM HELL (with Duff)

I bought the album. If you didn't like Kicking & Screaming, don't buy this album.

I'll do a full review if anybody is interested but I doubt it. "Harmony" and "Temptation" are great tracks; those two stand out the most.

Angel Down > Kicking & Screaming > Give 'Em Hell

Hmmm, I would go:

Angel Down >> Give Em Hell >> Kicking & Screaming

I have to say, I've only heard Give Em Hell twice through now, but I was pleasantly surprised. I liked it more than I thought I would. Push Away in particular is a magnificent track. The album is quite a bit darker and heavier than Kicking & Screaming, which I found to be a fairly lacklustre effort. There's nothing on there that rocks as hard as Angel Down, but there's a solid 5-6 quality tracks.

My top 5 at the moment:

1. Push Away

2. Forget You

3. Taking Back Tomorrow

4. All My Friends Are Dead

5. Rock N Roll Is A Vicious Game

Interesting to hear that the album isn't that good from people here, when most reviews have been saying otherwise.

I really liked Angel Down, but what I've heard so far from the singles sounds a bit bland, but I may still check out the album

To each his own I suppose, but I'm just not seeing it.

Angel Down was a masterpiece. If memory serves me correct, he made it after his father had died, so some of those tracks mean a lot to him. He also got Axl to do three songs so obviously those would mean a lot to him as well.

I liked Kicking & Screaming, I agree that it wasn't nearly as dark as Angel Down (or his latest), but lyrically I thought it was very good. The songs were very catchy and were composed well. It's been three years and I still have Tunnel Vision, Wishin', As Long As I Got The Music, and I'm Alive stuck in my head.

This album seems like the lackluster effort to me. It's much heavier, which is nice I suppose, but it wreaks of corniness the whole way through. Even the music videos. The interviews just don't seem right either, he was much more passionate about the other two albums, or so it seemed.

Loving this album. Nothing ground-breaking, but a great, melodic hard-rock album with killer guitars and soaring vocals. About as good as anything he's ever done.

I really didn't enjoy anything about it. Sounded pretty generic to me.

Doesn't sound that wonderful

Just watched this one too. Even worse.

Goofy video, good song, IMO.

I just hope he adds a few more sUBHUMAN rACE songs to his set list.

Great album.

Rachel Bolan is on record saying that it sucks. Wonder if he's actually listened to the post-Bach SR albums.

Really? What did he actually say?

Thickskin is the only decent Skid Row album post-Bach.

Bach has Angel Down and Give Em Hell which are both good/great albums (not fussed on Kicking & Screaming).

That's Bach 2 Skid Row 1.

Edited by Towelie

I remember back in the early 2000's I saw Skid Row open for KISS. I wanted to like them and as a huge fan it was cool to see Snake, Rachel and Scotti on stage. Solinger is by no means terrible but he's no Baz. By all accounts everyone else was down for a reunion a few years ago except Rachel. I think as one of the primary songwriters he must have enough money to not wanna deal with Baz anymore even close to 20 years after the breakup.

I just hope he adds a few more sUBHUMAN rACE songs to his set list.

Great album.

Rachel Bolan is on record saying that it sucks. Wonder if he's actually listened to the post-Bach SR albums.

Really? What did he actually say?

Thickskin is the only decent Skid Row album post-Bach.

Bach has Angel Down and Give Em Hell which are both good/great albums (not fussed on Kicking & Screaming).

That's Bach 2 Skid Row 1.

The Metal Exiles: You keep bringing up the first few records, what do you think of "Subhuman Race" now?

Rachel: What record, I have no Idea what you are talking about. (laughter) That record was a nightmare. Internally the band had fallen apart but we were forced to go in and do another record and it was a nightmare with the recording, writing and producing. We worked with someone we had not worked with before after being so successful with Michael and we were used to the way he did things. I am not slighting Bob [Rock] at all, he is a genius producer but it was bad timing. I did not have the greatest time, it was nobody's fault, it was just the way things were. Also the record absolutely sucks.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/skid-row-bassist-says-the-subhuman-race-album-absolutely-sucks/#LHjsomVrOBbSMTP3.99

I'd take Subhuman Race over any albums SR released with that shitty Bach clone.

• 2 weeks later...

He's got a point. 3/4 of a million people "like" his facebook page and virtually none of them bought his album. It must be frustrating. It's a great CD too.

Too bad he already knew Axl at the time, didn't want to risk getting on his shitlist and so didn't sing in Velvet Revolver. Would've been a better fit than Scott.

I don't think Velvet Revolver ever considered asking Bach to join the band. Scott was a singer from the grunge/alt/90s scene and gave the band more credibility and relevance. If they went with Bach they would have been seen as a cock-rock supergroup, fairly or not.