Somebody tell me a decent seaside place that actually has lots of things to do?

Snake-Pit

I've never been..cept once i went to Brighton to pick up a motor...went out onto the beach, fuckin' stones and that, cold biting wind cutting right through me, bleak fuckin' horrible place. The water looked alright I suppose, thats closest I ever been to the seaside :lol: All 5 minutes of it, annoying actually, it kept putting my fag out :lol:

OMG!

Sorry, 5 minutes, in your entire life! lol, sorry, I would have thought maybe Southend-on-Sea or Clacton (haven't been) would have been more local to you? - (From Watford High Street) Up, over the M25 then out through Essex... Brighton's cool too, even if the beach is... Geologically speaking; pants. Has all night bonfires and bbqs and hippies and midnight swimming with fit blonde boobies being a memory of my last visit to the beach at night... Southend's :shrugs: ... Peter Pan's Playground is alright, if you're little, IDK, I haven't been since I was little. wow... It's not like you're land locked or anything, Jesus Christ Lenmi'ster

:)

I'm amazed, and shocked. A bit.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Who takes all of your pictures, Amir? Do you just drag a professional photographer around with you?!

Just ask whoever's nearby (who doesn't look like they'll nick my phone). Most of them come out crap, especially here in Buenos Aires, but I got a few good ones in Rio. Buenos Aires is cool but I miss Rio so fucking much (the ladies here have fine waist-to-hip ratios, too, but less opportunity to publicly display so :/ ).

4S is a decent phone for daytime photos, rubbish for nighttime, though (at least that's my excuse for my shitty concert photos). The Nokia phones look like they have amazing cameras and I quite like the Metro UI, shame there's no apps, though. I still find it amazing what smartphones can do these days, I remember having a digital camera years ago which was absolutely crap.

My old HTC EVO used to take great pics in the day, but just like the 4S, it was shoddy in anything but great light. Hopefully that'll be something that the industry can fix soon.

Only other quibble I have with the 4S is how wide the angle is, means I can't quite capture the definition in Axl's handlebar in my concert photos. I've seen dinky little lens things you can buy on Amazon and the like for a fiver or so, but it seems like a faff to stick them on/take them off.

I hate apple so much, but I admit, iphones have nice cameras on them.

My ideal phone would have the iPhone's ease of use, the Android's customisation, and the Nokia Lumia's camera. I know Nokia fibbed a bit with the ads showing the camera's capabilities, but the real world results are still impressive.

Guest Len B'stard

I've never been..cept once i went to Brighton to pick up a motor...went out onto the beach, fuckin' stones and that, cold biting wind cutting right through me, bleak fuckin' horrible place. The water looked alright I suppose, thats closest I ever been to the seaside :lol: All 5 minutes of it, annoying actually, it kept putting my fag out :lol:

OMG!

Sorry, 5 minutes, in your entire life! lol, sorry, I would have thought maybe Southend-on-Sea or Clacton (haven't been) would have been more local to you? - (From Watford High Street) Up, over the M25 then out through Essex... Brighton's cool too, even if the beach is... Geologically speaking; pants. Has all night bonfires and bbqs and hippies and midnight swimming with fit blonde boobies being a memory of my last visit to the beach at night... Southend's :shrugs: ... Peter Pan's Playground is alright, if you're little, IDK, I haven't been since I was little. wow... It's not like you're land locked or anything, Jesus Christ Lenmi'ster

:)

I'm amazed, and shocked. A bit.

What do i wanna go to those fucking shitholes for? :lol: I ain't really the sandcastle building type. However your mention of boobies has swayed my opinion somewhat. Mind you, skinny dipping at night in England? If they do they run the risk of their nipples having your fuckin' eye out by the time they get, that ain't a nice cool swim in some Florida beach, it's Sewage-on-Sea.

Guest Len B'stard

They're taken with a phone? Damn; you're just a photogenic guy!

<blushes>

Most of them the sun's in my eyes so I'm scowling like someone's farted.

Example:

Li3O4kq.png

And take that fuckin' shirt off man, have some self respect, how do you get the nerve to wear that shit in public? :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Something about 'iconic' t shirts annoys me. Especially music related ones, especially when you're slightly wog looking, with all due respect Amir, don't take that bad, I'm very wog looking :lol: (this isn't gonna go well! :lol:)

All these countries like Pakistan, Iran, China, places in Eastern Europe too i get the feeling, who have this sort of youth elite who are like, the only people in their country that could afford cable, they're usually quite superior acting type people and they're into all this American culture and think they're hip when it's all really fuckin' retro and archetypical, their music taste is usually stuff like Bruce Springsteen, Guns n Roses, all those big iconic groups and they think they're hip as fuck when they're not.

They're sort of what props up bands like GnR or whatever...its why they pull in shit numbers in America but they can fill fuckin' stadiums in South America and Eastern Europe and India or whatever. Not saying Amir is one of em cuz he's not, just mean i hate that look, the iconic shirt, the jeans, it angers me, just the sight of it :lol:

Forums like this place are an interesting barometer for this kinda thing because you kinda have people from all over the world here...a lot of whom have this kinda peephole view of a particular kind of culture and seek to emulate it. It's kinda depressing, like a kind of co-opted cultural flatline standard that everyone wants to get on.

This could possibly be one of the most patronising and insulting posts I've ever made if misinterpreted, i hope it isn't :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1