Somebody tell me a decent seaside place that actually has lots of things to do?

Snake-Pit

I really like the UCAP one, like the classic logo on it (though I don't wear it as much as the others). Also the classic logo one in the middle. I think I've bought about 4 or 5 myself, and received about 10 as Xmas/birthday presents.

Guest Len B'stard

Len, I don't think you'll be happy with the clothes I packed for this trip...

YLCpPNE.png

To rub salt in the wound, I've brought an "iconic Bowie shirt", too ;)

Bowie is good, Bowie kinda absolves your sins :lol: Less of the black though man, come on. Edited by sugaraylen

Less of the black though man, come on.

Yeah, I wish there were more white GNR T-shirts, especially for when it's sunny (why I was wearing the Springsteen tee that day). When I was a fat greasy teenager I wore nothing but oversized black band tees. Then I didn't need to wear slimming clothes and I started wearing red and purple shirts. At one point I had 3 shirts in various shades of purple, it was like those cartoon characters who open their wardrobe and all their clothes are the same.

Fuck tell me about it. All my band tees are white so I don't look METUHL.

See, even metallers find metal embarassing :lol:

If I go bald I'll grow one of those awful metal ponytails just to spite you :lol;

It's not metal that's embarrassing. Its looking like some greasy hesher cunt that listens to Iron Maiden and role plays medieval battles with unwashed ash Brown hair and pimples that's embarrassing.

The only metal tees I have are my Metallica Ride the Lightning and Vulgar Display of Power tees, both with the sleeves cut off.

Guest Len B'stard

If I go bald I'll grow one of those awful metal ponytails just to spite you :lol;

A fundamental aspect of the Len ordained rules of musical coolness is that the bedrock of your musical taste has to have a groove, it has to be funky, this is why metal is just written off right off the bat, quite apart from the myriad of other things about it that are cack. And you won't do that Amir, before your life is over you will rennounce metal-dom, i can see that fundamental goodness in your eyes that no true metaller can really have :lol:

Whats sad about it is like, the clothes that i reckon'd suit you the most, the type of look, is like the whole ray-bans and polo shirts, pretty-green post Gallagher type look, like dressing like a lad and that. You got the height, the build, the look, everything to pull it off quite well.

A fundamental aspect of the Len ordained rules of musical coolness is that the bedrock of your musical taste has to have a groove, it has to be funky, this is why metal is just written off right off the bat, quite apart from the myriad of other things about it that are cack. And you won't do that Amir, before your life is over you will rennounce metal-dom, i can see that fundamental goodness in your eyes that no true metaller can really have :lol:

Whats sad about it is like, the clothes that i reckon'd suit you the most, the type of look, is like the whole ray-bans and polo shirts, pretty-green post Gallagher type look, like dressing like a lad and that. You got the height, the build, the look, everything to pull it off quite well.

Lots of metal has groove, just not a swinging groove.

Speaking of certain things you shouldn't wear as a brown man, I saw this fine specimen at a Springsteen concert in London:

qG2d2sO.png

Too manys poofs standing around like they're at an auction.

Something about 'iconic' t shirts annoys me. Especially music related ones, especially when you're slightly wog looking, with all due respect Amir, don't take that bad, I'm very wog looking :lol: (this isn't gonna go well! :lol:)

All these countries like Pakistan, Iran, China, places in Eastern Europe too i get the feeling, who have this sort of youth elite who are like, the only people in their country that could afford cable, they're usually quite superior acting type people and they're into all this American culture and think they're hip when it's all really fuckin' retro and archetypical, their music taste is usually stuff like Bruce Springsteen, Guns n Roses, all those big iconic groups and they think they're hip as fuck when they're not.

They're sort of what props up bands like GnR or whatever...its why they pull in shit numbers in America but they can fill fuckin' stadiums in South America and Eastern Europe and India or whatever. Not saying Amir is one of em cuz he's not, just mean i hate that look, the iconic shirt, the jeans, it angers me, just the sight of it :lol:

Forums like this place are an interesting barometer for this kinda thing because you kinda have people from all over the world here...a lot of whom have this kinda peephole view of a particular kind of culture and seek to emulate it. It's kinda depressing, like a kind of co-opted cultural flatline standard that everyone wants to get on.

This could possibly be one of the most patronising and insulting posts I've ever made if misinterpreted, i hope it isn't :lol:

*affects faux Lenny McLean accent*

Shat it you fackin' coon!!!!! :lol: