Foxy Shazam release new album!

Gordon Comstock

Story Told is without a doubt my favorite from the album. That's the classic, the same way I knew Black Man's Breakfast and Holy Touch were the classics from those albums. Just got done listening and there's really no songs I don't like. The title track is fantastic, the next 3 are extremely solid. Shoe Box and Don't Give In are catchy but in that lower tier, and Have The Fun and In This Life are good but not amazing to me. But no songs I actually dislike, and I've found the hook in all of them that I now enjoy.

Its a solid album front to back, but so were their last ones. Problem is, their last one's seemed like they were pushing to go somewhere further, while this one almost seems trying not to. As good as it is, it doesn't ever quite feel like its a statement. Its not a diss to the album, but now that I like the whole thing, I still rank it as last behind the last 3. Introducing took me years to get into, but its really got no bad songs on it and to me that album makes more of an impact than Gonzo does.

Having said all that, I do still really want to catch this album live in its entirety this tour if possible because I have grown to really enjoy it.

I had no clue who they were until I saw them at a radio station sponsored event a few years ago. The drummer liked my Gn'R shirt & showed me his Gn'R tattoo.I still didn't know he was in the band until he went to go play with them. It was cool as fuck for him to tour with Slash.

• 5 months later...