MyGNR Covers - Catcher In The Rye

Damn, how could I have missed this. Awesome job. You should make a serious version like this one and a joke version the next time. A parody on RiR 2011/Bridge School 2012/Mickey Mouse it would be so fucking funny :lol:.

Guest Gunns

Someone should send this to a member of gnr or one of their associates, with a note saying 'this is for axl', and then sign it off with a 'You need Evader more then he needs you"

• Like 1

Damn, how could I have missed this. Awesome job. You should make a serious version like this one and a joke version the next time. A parody on RiR 2011/Bridge School 2012/Mickey Mouse it would be so fucking funny :lol:.

Great idea! :lol:

Someone should send this to a member of gnr or one of their associates, with a note saying 'this is for axl', and then sign it off with a 'You need Evader more then he needs you"

Yeah. Another great idea could be to contact Bumblefoot and ask him for help with some guitar parts, I think he would be all for it.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Guest Gunns

Yeah. Another great idea could be to contact Bumblefoot and ask him for help with some guitar parts, I think he would be all for it.

It might be the only gnr related project he will be working on in the foreseeable future If Axl has his way :lol:

(maybe that was in bad taste , sorry bbf)

I want to do the "yeehaw" bit at the start of jungle :lol:

• Like 1

Evader, did you process the voices a bit? 'Cause at points they don't sound 'real', if you know what I mean. Other than that, brilliant job!

I'm not entirely sure exactly what you are referencing, but I think the answer is actually quite simple. Twelve different vocalists from twelve different cities used twelve different sets of recording equipment in twelve different non-studio settings to record their parts in two different octaves. I added delays, reverb, adjusted volume and EQ, removed pops and clicks, and needed to use an exciter here-and-there.... They are definitely real, but if you want me to stick a T-Pain effect on 'em and reupload it, let me know. :)

IRS, Better or Chinese would all be relatively straight ahead for the next one... although there's plenty of songs from the back catalogue that would be great to try out. Next time I'd be more than happy to record some guitar, I was just way too busy for this one even though I really wanted to lay down some Brian May/Bumblefoot licks... to quote the big man "Gahhhhhhh!!!!"