Will Duff bring up Slash?

Snowmass

Marc- I realize you don't "know" for sure but do you think Duff will bring up Guns (the original band) with Axl and how (do you think) Axl would feel? They will be on tour together for a few weeks...one would guess the subject will come up. Also- are you planning on going to any of the SA shows (that include Duff)? If it were the US I would in a minute. Thanks Marc!

Will Duff point blank try to get Axl to reform the original lineup? My best guess would be no.

Will Duff and Axl sit down and talk to each other and hang out and have dinner etc.? My best guess would be yes. And I'm sure old times will come up and I'm sure things will come out...that's how old friends do. And I'm sure Axl doesn't mind talking to people he considers to be friends about past issues or things they went through together. It's what people do when they meet up with old friends.

Duff will not but I think Axl will want to vent a bit to Duff about Slash.

Thanks Marc. Yeah I agree- 2 guys who were best of friends/a gang and made AFD/LIES/UYI etc.....(we all know the Guns story) and then nothing for 20+ years (give or take) being on tour again its like the white elephant....it's gotta come up. God what I'd give to be a fly on that wall.

Nothing Axl might say is gonna have an effect of Duff. Axl already tried with his statement back in 2005 when Slash went to his house. That had little or none effect on Duff.

On the other hand I´m hoping that Duff plays the role of a good will ambassador. :D

Did Duff have a hand in blocking the cinema release of the concert or was it only considered to be Slash involved.

The information that the mods gathered from their sources says it was only Slash.

• Like 1

What would you presume Duff's reaction to be? Mostly silent and listening, or will he say "you both fucked up and you both need to let it go".

It is probably a long shot but it would be great if Duff could tell Axl he understands his anger but also explain his and Slash's side of the story. Of course, The same chat would have to take place with Slash too as he isn't innocent by any means. Not sure how willing Duff would be to try and be a peacemaker but one would think there would be an opportunity to at least discuss it in the next few weeks.

What would you presume Duff's reaction to be? Mostly silent and listening, or will he say "you both fucked up and you both need to let it go".

I hope Duff listens and then tells Axl that both fucked up. But he has to choose his words very carefully. And it needs to be a long chat. In fact it may take more than one chat. It will be a very difficult task. But I want to believe it won´t be impossible.

IMO, this is as close a chance as we can get to a reunion right now. I doubt it happens, but if Axl and Duff can't figure out a way to hash this stuff out I don't think there will be a better time. Them being on tour and hopefully spending a decent amount of time together (I know its not like the old days but you'd think they'll go out to dinner or something) is the best chance for all of this to finally be put to bed.