Whose voice does Axl resemble the most nowadays?

I was watching a Rush concert last night (not really a fan, but it was on tv) and it made me think of this thread. Today's Axl sound like Geddy Lee. Let me say I for one have always hated Geddy Lee, I swear every fucking song he sings, I have no idea what the fuck they are about. But having said that, many people love him and Rush, so I guess it could be worse. I like the music Rush makes, but Geddy just gets on my nerves. Having said that, at least with Axl, I know what his songs are about, I swear all of Rush's sound the same. But yes for me, Axl now sounds like Geddy Lee.

Edited by Mike420

I was watching a Rush concert last night (not really a fan, but it was on tv) and it made me think of this thread. Today's Axl sound like Geddy Lee. Let me say I for one have always hated Geddy Lee, I swear every fucking song he sings, I have no idea what the fuck they are about. But having said that, many people love him and Rush, so I guess it could be worse. I like the music Rush makes, but Geddy just gets on my nerves. Having said that, at least with Axl, I know what his songs are about, I swear all of Rush's sound the same. But yes for me, Axl now sounds like Geddy Lee.

This. Times a million.

Can't stand Geddy's voice. I have to change the radio every time a Rush comes on (which is often, seeing as I live in Toronto). It's a shame, because I think they're an extremely talented band musically, but his voice just kills it for me.

I also feel like Axl's higher registry reminds me lately of the higher registry of Steve Perry, lead singer of Journey.

This. Times a million.

Can't stand Geddy's voice. I have to change the radio every time a Rush comes on (which is often, seeing as I live in Toronto). It's a shame, because I think they're an extremely talented band musically, but his voice just kills it for me.

I also feel like Axl's higher registry reminds me lately of the higher registry of Steve Perry, lead singer of Journey.

Ya I like their music, they are a very talented band for sure. But as I said earlier, what the hell are their songs even about? I haven't the foggiest idea. They all sound pretty much the same to me. "Today's Tom Sawyer he gets high on you, and the space he invades gets by on you." What the hell does that even mean??? At least with Axl you can releate to the songs and the lyrics.

Even with Axl in his current state, I think we tend to be a little hard on him, I guess because he used to be so great and so unique. So hearing him sound like most other high register singers, pisses off many in the fan base. But that doesn't mean he always sounds bad, he just sounds different. Yes sometimes he has sounded bad, but other times he has sounded great. Detroit in 2011, he sounded great to me, one of the best live vocal performances I have ever heard by any singer tbh.

Edited by Mike420

This. Times a million.

The current lead singer of Journey singing SCOM.