Axl Rose Then & Now: Brazilian Fans Weigh In

On the March 25 edition of the Brazilian TV show "Mais Cultura", people in the streets of São Paulo were videotaped as they were shown a picture of GUNS N' ROSES lead singer Axl Rose from the band's classic "Appetite For Destruction" era in 1987 and a photo of Rose from a more recent GN'R concert. You can see their reactions in the two-and-a-half-minute report below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPVLnWRFAS8

Edited by Darkness Descends

They picked the worse Axl picture of him today to show fans.

There are plenty of pictures of Axl looking good. okay not as good as he did when he was 25, but a lot better than the updated picture they were showing people.

It just goes to show you how all reporters from all over suck when reporting anything related to Axl.

It really pisses me off. Let's see what that woman looks like at 52.

• Like 2

Yeah, exactly. I've seen Axl 3 times in the past 3 years and he looked good each time.

That's what reporters do, they always try to belittle anyone famous and Axl seems to be a good target.

Like I said, let's see what she looks like at 52, without makeup and gaining about 30 pounds.

• Like 1

On the March 25 edition of the Brazilian TV show "Mais Cultura", people in the streets of São Paulo were videotaped as they were shown a picture of GUNS N' ROSES lead singer Axl Rose from the band's classic "Appetite For Destruction" era in 1987 and a photo of Rose from a more recent GN'R concert. You can see their reactions in the two-and-a-half-minute report below.

I couldn't understand much what the Brazilians said

I know some people on here aren't old enough to have 25 year comparison photos but as shocking as it seems, people age and Axl looks much different now than he did back then. Unless you are a chick who wants to sleep with him then who cares how he looks. I'm concerned with how he sings at shows that I pay to attend.

• Like 1

It was a poor choice, really. They could've used this pic instead.

9bc8332bc3d8c03a97bea1354c9e28f4.jpg

But then it wouldn't have been 'funny', I guess?

I've never seen that pic before. Any idea where/when it's from?

I'm sorry I have no idea. I was looking for a pic of Axl wearing his assless chaps and found it. I suppose it was taken in 2011 somewhere.

meh...dumb tabloid journalism. People get older and fatter than what we remember. It happens to us all darling, I look forward to seeing what she is doing post 50. Guarantee if she thought about that, she;d happily replace spots with Axl. Also, guarantee her looks fade away as well and she can't really look back and say she has accomplished anything. Think of any young MTV reporter (or the like), where the fuck are they now, and what have the contributed to society, music, crap they 'report' on, etc etc.

I'm not even an Axilite. But that is type of garbage as to why I genuinely avoid pop culture wankery.

Actually. The fact that stuff is deemed worthy of air time and discussion...probably says more about modern day society than anything else.

They picked the worse Axl picture of him today to show fans.

There are plenty of pictures of Axl looking good. okay not as good as he did when he was 25, but a lot better than the updated picture they were showing people.

It just goes to show you how all reporters from all over suck when reporting anything related to Axl.

It really pisses me off. Let's see what that woman looks like at 52.

Oh jeeez.

Yes we all know that the shitty media select pretty bad pictures about rockstars to make a shitty article, but c'mion...

A LOT of singers in Axl's age looks better and sings better than him now

Age is not a full excuse here

It was a poor choice, really. They could've used this pic instead.

9bc8332bc3d8c03a97bea1354c9e28f4.jpg

But then it wouldn't have been 'funny', I guess?

Holy fuck, i only saw a little chin and his face looks a lot more normal

Great pic

I know some people on here aren't old enough to have 25 year comparison photos but as shocking as it seems, people age and Axl looks much different now than he did back then. Unless you are a chick who wants to sleep with him then who cares how he looks. I'm concerned with how he sings at shows that I pay to attend.

serisously dude nobody cares about how old you are

enough with this bullshit

fuck your ageism

Edited by Crash Diet
  • Like 1

I can be as hard on Axl as anyone but this is total bullshit and the lowest form of "entertainment".

Sure, I've said it many times that the guy needs to get his physical house in order especially because he has the job, the money and opportunity to do so.

But this is just cheap.

meh...dumb tabloid journalism. People get older and fatter than what we remember. It happens to us all darling, I look forward to seeing what she is doing post 50. Guarantee if she thought about that, she;d happily replace spots with Axl. Also, guarantee her looks fade away as well and she can't really look back and say she has accomplished anything. Think of any young MTV reporter (or the like), where the fuck are they now, and what have the contributed to society, music, crap they 'report' on, etc etc.

I'm not even an Axilite. But that is type of garbage as to why I genuinely avoid pop culture wankery.

Actually. The fact that stuff is deemed worthy of air time and discussion...probably says more about modern day society than anything else.

Well spoken, I couldn't agree more.

I couldn't understand much what the Brazilians said

:lol: Ok Think About You can you translate the parts you DID understand for us? :lol: I'd love to hear it.

I'm not a 25yr old chick who wants to sleep with him but I do care how he looks cos he cops so much flack for being 'fat' like that ridiculous photo they showed people. He is still hot to us older fans closer his age & without all that clobber on he looks great. Naturally you want him singing well but in the crowd videos all you can hear is the crowd. :wub: