Joan Rivers points out that Lena Dunham is a fat mess and a hypocrite.

Facekicker

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/03/27/joan-rivers-accuses-lena-dunham-of-promoting-obesity/6959703/

Joan Rivers is throwing major shade – again.

This time, the 80-year-old comedian has her sights set on Girls creator and star Lena Dunham whom she calls, in so many words, a hot mess.

During an interview on Howard Stern's show, Rivers didn't mince words when she asked of Dunham, "How can she wear dresses above the knee?"

Ouch.

But, it got worse when Stern and Rivers chatted about the ubiquitous nudity on Dunham's HBO hit series.

When Stern, who has called Dunham fat in the past, defended the actress, Rivers accused her of promoting obesity and an unhealthy lifestyle.

"You're sending a message out to people saying, 'It's OK, stay fat, get diabetes, everybody die. Lose your fingers.' "

The Fashion Police host conceded that Dunham is spreading her own unique message about self-acceptance, but says she should still try to look more polished.

"If you look that way you look, Lena, and that's fine and you're funny, don't say it's OK that other girls can look like this. Try to look better."

Rivers didn't stop there though. She also called Dunham a hypocrite for pulling a decidedly A-list move: appearing in the Fashion Bible and subsequently having her flaws airbrushed away.

"She was on Vogue's cover looking gorgeous, you didn't even know it was her," the comedian complained.

105212-wiserhood-clap-gif-Imgur-ZIyT.gif

Lena Dunham has always marketed herself as one of those "I'm fat and proud, I'm a real woman" types.

Here she is in her natural habitat. Sitting on a toilet eating cake. Classy bird.

lena1.png

Then she does the cover of Vogue where she is airbrushed to the point of being unrecognisable

Vogue_Cover_Dunham.jpg

The thing is, everybody is an hypocrite in one way or another. It's inherent to human nature.

I'm amazed that Joan Rivers still know what happens outside a cosmetic surgery clinic. Lena Dunham can be annoying/ nearly disgusting for several reasons but she is not promoting obesity whatsover.

She does her best to normalise it. Not exclusive to her though.

The thing is, everybody is an hypocrite in one way or another. It's inherent to human nature.

I'm amazed that Joan Rivers still know what happens outside a cosmetic surgery clinic. Lena Dunham can be annoying/ nearly disgusting for several reasons but she is not promoting obesity whatsover.

She does her best to normalise it. Not exclusive to her though.

Is she obese, perhaps?

The thing is, Joan is accusing her of promoting obesity... and she is not obese. She has a few extra kilos, therefore she shouldn't make a naked scene? Yeah... seems reasonable.

"How can she wear dresses above the knee?" - Joan Rivers.

^Do you really think this attitude is the correct one? So, people who don't have Miranda Kerr's body shouldn't be allowed to dress as they wish. By that logic, a not very pretty girl should wear a burqa, so we don't have to see her ugly face.

In before Lithium scolds us :lol:

WEIGHT TRAINING GODDAMNIT!

Do your squats and take your vitamins, young lady.

I'll take some Lithium instead :awesomeface:

lena1.png

Fuck you forever for posting this. Give a brother a spoiler at least. :lol:

C'mon she's not so bad :lol:

• Like 1

Fuck you all, I was trying to have a decent discussion here.

Fine *rolls eyes

:P

She's not obese but she deff needs to lose weight . I feel that she's just comfortable in her own skin, but I can see people saying that she's promoting this lazy lifestyle

I think that's a pretty backwards view, but it's coming from an 80 year old woman so what the fuck did anyone expect? Lena's definitely on the heavier side but she's not obese. maybe if Honey Boo Boo's mom was the star of the show instead it'd be the wrong message but I dunno, I don't think she's really an awful role model.

• Like 1

Maybe Lena wasn't even aware of what Vogue did. I recall them making Kate Winslet almost unrecognizable on their cover and she was not too pleased about it. No one is that gullible to think any of those photos in fashion mags aren't tweaked, are they?

I've always found Joan Rivers amusing though. She's harsh, but tells it like it is.

Guest Len B'stard

If she wants to be fat let her be fuckin' fat, thats what I say. Not like she's impending death fat, I mean it's still a free country innit, you can do what you fuckin' like. As far as 'the message' she's sending to other little girls well if those girls are taking their messages off of shows from the telly then they're fucked to begin with.

Nothing wrong with big girls :)

She's not so bad in the same way Axl's performances aren't so bad. In other words, yes the fuck she is so bad. :lol:

I wouldn't say no :D

Edited by sugaraylen

She's not so bad in the same way Axl's performances aren't so bad. In other words, yes the fuck she is so bad. :lol:

I wouldn't say no :D

Did I just realize you're the guy in the group who will sleep with anything, anywhere, anytime? I've had friends like you. Y'all are nasty as fuck. :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Dont get a lot of sleeping done to be honest :lol: Yeah, it has been pointed out before now that im somewhat uhm, un-discerning in that regard sometimes!

Dont get me wrong, i wouldnt shag like...uhmmm...nah, i probably would shag Roseanne if she was up for it, hmmmm, whoose mingin'? Susan Boyle, there you go!

If she wants to be fat let her be fuckin' fat, thats what I say. Not like she's impending death fat, I mean it's still a free country innit, you can do what you fuckin' like. As far as 'the message' she's sending to other little girls well if those girls are taking their messages off of shows from the telly then they're fucked to begin with.

I was raised by McGyver and I'm doing just fine. Without anybody's help and with very little things. Thanks sir.

Edited by Thin White Duke