The Ramones interview

Guest Len B'stard

Guest Len B'stard

My favorite Ramone has always been Dee Dee, at once silly, childish, playful, irrational, irritable, engaging, senseless, immensely talented, just wonderful in all senses. The man wrote songs, books, played bass, was kinda like a counter-culture icon, gave The Ramones a lot of their hard street edge and darkness, he was mates with Johnny Thunders and Jerry Nolan and that whole fuckin' scum under-class of the New York Scene. There was something so...unrehearsed about him, about the things he said and felt and did, like there was not a lot of forethought involved and it was kinda led by some kinda weird instinct.

Edited by sugaraylen

Joey was an interesting guy too, I remember an interview he did with metal hammer or mag like that where he said Roxy Music's Country Life is the best album cover.

But I just saw a pic of Ashba in a Ramones shirt, so they are now officially ruined for me :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Joey was an interesting guy too, I remember an interview he did with metal hammer or mag like that where he said Roxy Music's Country Life is the best album cover.

But I just saw a pic of Ashba in a Ramones shirt, so they are now officially ruined for me :lol:

They were all interesting guys really, the main core, not least Johnny who was this right wing conservative in the midst of this counterculture, a real drill seargant of a guy, you get the impression they were kinda scared of him, like he kept them in line, which he did. Dee Dee would get a smack in the mouth for fucking up, he drilled them on their presentation, he's a really really straight talking guy, pulls absolutely no punches, don't care if a thing to say is the 'right' thing to say, really a...i wouldn't say cold exactly but a very...things just were what they were to Johnny Ramone and there was no bullshit, no grey area, everything was just straightforward.