Nigella Lawson Vs. America

Snake-Pit

I have not heard of Nigella Lawson, then last week people started randomly talking about this person and was even gifted one of her books...
This week I see her on the news (first the radio, then the internet) about being refused entry into America and being taken off a flight because she admitted to using cocaine.

What about Keith f*cking Richards? Nigella asks America

keithrichards.jpg

NIGELLA Lawson has asked the US how come she gets barred but Keith Richards wanders in and out like he owns the place.

The TV chef was stopped from boarding a flightflightarrow-10x10.png to Los Angeles because she admitted to taking cocaine, prompting her to ask customs officials ‘if they were out of their fucking minds’.

She added: “Keith Richards would have regarded the amount of cocaine I took as invisible. It would not have registered on his consciousness. He’s probably still got that much stuck up there and he just can’t be bothered to have it removed.

“And yet he has a house in America. I implore you, look at him and look at me and then explain to me what the fuck you are talking about.”

Edited by Snake-Pit

I've heard that America's customs people operate in a way that's beyond logic, beyond reason and beyond the basic respect and dignity each human deserves*. With this in mind, it's not surprising how they're treating Nigella.

I adore Nigella and hopefully this will get sorted as soon as possible for her. She's got bigger balls than I, for standing up to them like that.

*A friend of a friend, who is British, with Asian heritage was given a hard time getting through customs. Beyond the standard of being taken aside for questioning, they opened his bag in a incautious manner, which caused many of his possessions to fall out, including a load of condoms. They actually had the cheek to ask him "isn't this against your religion?" without initially determining if he was practising a faith or not. (He's an atheist). They let him through when they saw that he was travelling with a pale geezer from Ipswitch.

Is she hot?

Very. Posh totty too.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Nevermind Keef, John Lydon had a conviction in 1976 where he was caught with 'crushed slimming pills' in his possession and still has to deal with such issues, Nigellas is actual proper coke, you'd expect grief.

As for Keef, you're talking about a person that hob nobs with presidents, he could probably get anything fixed for him.

Guest Len B'stard

“Keith Richards would have regarded the amount of cocaine I took as invisible. It would not have registered on his consciousness. He’s probably still got that much stuck up there and he just can’t be bothered to have it removed.

“And yet he has a house in America. I implore you, look at him and look at me and then explain to me what the fuck you are talking about.”

I'll explain Nigella, he's a historically important figure in post war popular culture and you're a two bit TV chef with big knockers, ones worth the risk, the other ain't worth the house room.

“Keith Richards would have regarded the amount of cocaine I took as invisible. It would not have registered on his consciousness. He’s probably still got that much stuck up there and he just can’t be bothered to have it removed.

I'll explain Nigella, he's a historically important figure in post war popular culture and you're a two bit TV chef with big knockers, ones worth the risk, the other ain't worth the house room.

Not really the point though is it. Its about double standards and how someone who is well known as a drug user has free reign of the US and someone who has done coke a couple of times has been denied entry despite no legal measures being brought against her.

But as I mentioned earlier its all been sorted out and she will be allowed to fly out there now.

Guest Len B'stard

It sort of is the point though isn't it because circumstances dictate this shit, and quite frankly only reason people are listening is cuz it's a famous person, THATS a double standard, if i came on here making a thread about how i got turned away at an airport cuz of a criminal record involving the good stuff i bet you most people wouldn't give a shit or care to distinguish a double standard, now matter how glaring.

Is it a double standard now she's gonna be let off and some cokehead from Leeds won't get the same treatment?

Guest Len B'stard

The difference being a double standard no one gives a shit about :lol: I mean i can't see this as a headline in tommorows Daily Mirror:

UNEMPLOYED FORMER FORKLIFT OPERATOR BARRY McLOSER TURNED AWAY AT CUSTOMS OVER CRIMINAL RECORD FOR COCAINE POSSESSION'.

The difference being a double standard no one gives a shit about :lol: I mean i can't see this as a headline in tommorows Daily Mirror:

UNEMPLOYED FORMER FORKLIFT OPERATOR BARRY McLOSER TURNED AWAY AT CUSTOMS OVER CRIMINAL RECORD FOR COCAINE POSSESSION'.

Difference is big here. Nigella wasn't found guilty for using drugs and there was no police investigation into it. Only reason she wasn't allowed to travel in the first place was because the she was famous and her story was in the papers. If Barry McLoser turns up at the terminal with a gram of coke on his of course he will be turned away but if he uses it recreationally he will be allowed to travel when he didn't do anything different to Nigella.

More like a double-double standard. If you're a nobody and do drugs nobody cares, if you're a middle of the road celeb you will get denied for the same, if you're an icon you will be allowed to travel for doing the same :lol: