RIP Cobain

Dan H.

Profoundly great artist. Definitely missed. Got a lot of backlash with overexposure after his death but he represents everything that is missing from the mainstream now. Even his cover songs were remarkable.

RIP

Guest Len B'stard

Always thought it was 8th...or was that when they found him? Anyway, later Donald, was great having you around back when :)

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

If it is THANK FUCK FOR THAT! :lol: The boy deserves a Nobel Prize, i'm only sad that it wasn't the total destruction of rock music. I dunno how much more I would've been able to take of lead singers and mad drummers and thoughtful songwriters and prima donna lead singers and solos and amazing debuts and the sophomore jinx and concept albums and all the tired old bollocks that rock music entails.

Edited by sugaraylen

If it is THANK FUCK FOR THAT! :lol: The boy deserves a Nobel Prize, i'm only sad that it wasn't the total destruction of rock music. I dunno how much more I would've been able to take of lead singers and mad drummers and thoughtful songwriters and prima donna lead singers and solos and amazing debuts and the sophomore jinx and concept albums and all the tired old bollocks that rock music entails.

I was joking, but yeah man. Tough guy gangsters and backback hip hoppers are waaay more cool and totally not cliche at all.

Thankfully music isn't that simple, that would be a sad world.

Guest Len B'stard

I was joking, but yeah man. Tough guy gangsters and backback hip hoppers are waaay more cool and totally not cliche at all.

Thankfully music isn't that simple, that would be a sad world.

8th Generation punk knock offs FTW! :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

I don't know why i find this song so fuckin' profoundly amazing to me. Just that riff churning over and over and over and over, those thumping fucking drums, i know it's Daves playing but it's how they record it too, it's spot on. And then Kurt and this weird thing of like, 'i can't be bothered to put any decent lyrics here cuz i'm not sure i have anything to say but darn you all i'm gonna sing it like it means something!'

I've read so many different takes on the lyrics too:

Every handle, arm the mentor, I'm not sad until I'm home

Or I can't handle, on the mantle, I'm not sad until I'm drunk

I've heard three of four variations too, the title is the closest there is for anything to tie the song together, it appears to be Kurt taking the piss out of his own perceived tendency to moan...maybe.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

It's just one of those days Broski, the message is keep your head down, don't walk under no fuckin' ladders, miss every other paving block, beware pigeons landing on your roof, all that shit. It's a thhhhpooky day :nervous:

I do enjoy Nirvana's music but I never got Kurt. The guy was such an asshole. Not in the same way that Axl Rose, Don Dokken, or Gene Simmons is an asshole; I mean this guy was a capital "A."

And he and Love were so weird together. Everything about Kurt made no sense to me.

always loved this cover

That's actually my favorite Nirvana performance of any song ever.