RIP Layne Staley / Layne Discussion

Forsaken

Difference being Trent got over his angst period and continued to innovate and be relevant while most grunge bands dissipated to nothing with the exception of Pearl Jam.

But please stay on topic. I'm placing a citizens warning point on both of you.

Edited by Broskirose

Yeah, uh, don't come into a RIP thread and simply say "Layne and Kurt are bad". What are you accomplishing? Any other discussion would be cool but fuck, if you don't like Layne why are you even coming into the thread?

Difference being Trent got over his angst period and continued to innovate and be relevant while most grunge bands dissipated to nothing with the exception of Pearl Jam.

Lol. Don't make me laugh too hard. I understand if you like NIN, but Trent isn't breaking any ground with his music anymore. Come on now.

• Like 1

Yeah, uh, don't come into a RIP thread and simply say "Layne and Kurt are bad". What are you accomplishing? Any other discussion would be cool but fuck, if you don't like Layne why are you even coming into the thread?

I said rest in peace. I don't have to like their music. Bland and juvenile stuff imo. Cantrell is a great guitarist though.

Lol. Don't make me laugh too hard. I understand if you like NIN, but Trent isn't breaking any ground with his music anymore. Come on now.

I'm still not sure why we're discussing NIN in this thread. I've responded here - http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/205447-nine-inch-nails-2014-tour-discussion-lounge/?p=3720342

I said rest in peace. I don't have to like their music. Bland and juvenile stuff imo. Cantrell is a great guitarist though.

rest in peace - what ever that means Hardly respectable... almost like you are coming into the thread with some kind of animosity, not sure why any one would be so brash in a RIP thread, especially toward an iconic rock musician.

You don't have to like their music but you also don't have to come into a RIP thread expressing how much you don't. I don't see many members in the NIN thread going out of their way to call Trent a shit singer either :shrugs:

rest in peace - what ever that means Hardly respectable... almost like you are coming into the thread with some kind of animosity, not sure why any one would be so brash in a RIP thread, especially toward an iconic rock musician.

Yeah, fair enough. But in my defense it's not like he died yesterday or something.

You don't have to like their music but you also don't have to come into a RIP thread expressing how much you don't. I don't see many members in the NIN thread going out of their way to call Trent a shit singer either :shrugs:

No, they just do it in every other thread on the forum...

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/206292-march-25th-2014-brasilia-brazil/?p=3709849

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/206274-biggest-wastes-of-talent/?p=3706752

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/206176-nation-demands-more-mind-blowing-guitar-solos/?p=3700283

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/206120-randy-rhoads-vs-eddie-van-halen/page-3?hl=trent#entry3697599

Well my point was that he does it randomly and in threads where NIN have no relevance to the topic. Kind of like what you did here. I don't care if he likes NIN or not. Music is subjective and all that jazz.

But yeah RIP Layne Stanley. Shine on you crazy diamond.

- Broski out

Plenty of bands are better than GNR.

Cool, so that's your opinion. :thumbsup:

Well my point was that he does it randomly and in threads where NIN have no relevance to the topic. Kind of like what you did here.

Nothing close to what I did here. I used it as an example. He uses it randomly at times. I was making a point.

But yeah RIP Layne Stanley.

You would pull some childish bullshit like that. AIC's music was "juvenile" though?? Blah. What a waste.

Well my point was that he does it randomly and in threads where NIN have no relevance to the topic. Kind of like what you did here. I don't care if he likes NIN or not. Music is subjective and all that jazz.

But yeah RIP Layne Stanley. Shine on you crazy diamond.

- Broski out

I'm sorry darling, please don't put on The Fragile and self harm :P

Saw the Unplugged show for the first time in like 5 years today, and it's heartbreaking to see how gaunt Layne was, and how weak his voice sounded. It's still a good show despite that, but it makes me feel bad for the man and all he could've done. R.I.P. Layne.

• Like 1