song where axl sounds the best on studio recording

I'll never understand the love for the Sympathy cover. I think all of TSI is great, but I think Sympathy is the worst cover they have ever done. I just don't get what they added and I don't get why its so beloved. I don't, as Slash puts it, "hear the band breaking up" but the song never gels correctly for me. Maybe that is exactly what Slash means, but I've always thought for a band that is really great at covers I'm surprised that this is the only one I don't like yet the one that gets praised the most. In all my years of following Guns (I was there when this cover was first released), I have never understood that.

I'll never understand the love for the Sympathy cover. I think all of TSI is great, but I think Sympathy is the worst cover they have ever done. I just don't get what they added and I don't get why its so beloved. I don't, as Slash puts it, "hear the band breaking up" but the song never gels correctly for me. Maybe that is exactly what Slash means, but I've always thought for a band that is really great at covers I'm surprised that this is the only one I don't like yet the one that gets praised the most. In all my years of following Guns (I was there when this cover was first released), I have never understood that.

I honestly don't hear any band breaking up in Sympathy for the Devil. Slash was exaggerating a bit, IMO.

It's a good cover. I personally like it a lot. Slash's outro is amazing. Axl's vocals proved he's still got it at least until 1994.

• Like 2

I honestly don't hear any band breaking up in Sympathy for the Devil. Slash was exaggerating a bit, IMO.

It's a good cover. I personally like it a lot. Slash's outro is amazing. Axl's vocals proved he's still got it at least until 1994.

Do you not think his vocals on Bach's album proved he still had it?

Guest cbgnr666

YCBM and Estranged studio are the best lead vocals in the history of vocals.imo.

I remember going from studio versions of both songs for a long time to my first gnr live experience Tokyo 92 dvd's.Huge difference.

Edited by cbgnr666

6 second clip of the 'This I Love' remix that leaked.

Unbelievable.

????

A three minute clip leaked out last year containing remixes of CD songs, as well as new versions of Silkworms, OMG, Better (DJ Ashba), Better (Acoustic - Bumblefoot), a DJ solo, and a song titled Going Down with Stinson on lead vocals.