The Dress Thread

Lithium

Here's me posing in Grace's handiwork. :)

Love the dress and love her eye for colour and print. :thumbsup:

Sorry if the pics are sideways guys, I don't have time to make them go the right way up.

jfhmix.jpghrjyhd.jpg

Would have sworn the dress was shorter than that :lol:

Looks good Red! and great job Gracii

• Like 2

That dress is great Gracii, well done!

I love dresses, only not on me.

I do have a couple of dresses, but those are the Ibiza style ones (long or longer shirts), which I wear in summertime.

For some reason, dresses look weird on on me. I rather wear jeans and shirts.

Edited by MB.
  • Like 1

I have to be really picky with dresses because I don't have those mile-long legs like Red. I spent 25 years riding horses so I have legs like tree trunks and I'm long in the torso. I can't wear long dresses or I look stumpy. I am uncomfortable wearing short dresses but I look really good in just above the knee, empire waist dresses. It creates the illusion that my waist is higher and my legs longer. If I wasn't fat, I would have made a great gymnast. LOL I also adore cap sleeves but I have broader shoulders and I look ridiculous in them.

• Like 1

I LOVE THIS THREAD!

My dream is to make beautiful dresses for beautiful women. I'm making my wedding dress right now, and today I'm wearing one of my own creations to work.

Will post photos of some of my craft when I get home from work this evening.

Great work Gracii.

Are you going to make your own wedding dress? That's impressive :o

I can barely sew a button. All I learned was to stitch stuff like skin and muscles :P

Edited by Shooting Star

I have to be really picky with dresses because I don't have those mile-long legs like Red. I spent 25 years riding horses so I have legs like tree trunks and I'm long in the torso. I can't wear long dresses or I look stumpy. I am uncomfortable wearing short dresses but I look really good in just above the knee, empire waist dresses. It creates the illusion that my waist is higher and my legs longer. If I wasn't fat, I would have made a great gymnast. LOL I also adore cap sleeves but I have broader shoulders and I look ridiculous in them.

Thank you DC, but I would like to absolutely confirm for you that every single person walking on this earth has great assets and great flaws. I see it every day in my job and I'm paid to enhance those assets and hide the flaws. Thanks for the compliment on my legs. The flip side of that is that I have little boobs. So strapless dresses or anything with a low neckline and cleavage is a no-no. I would bet $1000 on the fact that your boobs would be bigger (and better) than mine. :D Not that I'm bothered by it, I like having small boobs, but I must wear certain necklines that compliment small boobs and NEVER deviate from that. Just as you understand that empire waist dresses work on you. We've all got our faults and as long as we work with the assets, and we ALL have those, then we're all on the right track. :)

And I don't believe there is a single woman on this planet that does not look good in a dress. It's all about finding the right style for your body.

• Like 2

The first one is fucking insane! You should see the back, it's heavenly! Just folds and folds of magenta jacquard, so voluminous and enveloping............uuuugh, boys! Why do I bother?! :rolleyes:

1p6qm8.jpg

This dress from Valentino is pretty fucking sensational too. :)

2eulbma.jpg

• Like 2

Guest Len B'stard

The back makes it look worse! The one afters brilliant though :). The first one looks like some bird in a tulip costume made out of a quilt!

Edited by sugaraylen

Whatever! It's actually gorgeous. The gloves that extend beyond the sleeve make it insanely divine. But I didn't think a straight male would get it. My gay male fashion friends totally get it, but they're just like me. Hehehe!!!!

The second dress is way more 'straight male' friendly. ;)

Guest Len B'stard

Oi, i liked all the other ones too, stop making it out like a bacon roll with brown sauce kinda guy :lol: But it is just horrible. Maybe it's the miserable looking mare in it not pulling it off well :lol: Look at the look on her face, she looks like she just lost a fiver and found a quid.

The shoes on the bottom bird are sick too :)

Edited by sugaraylen

Oi, i liked all the other ones too, stop making it out like a bacon roll with brown sauce kinda guy :lol: But it is just horrible. Maybe it's the miserable looking mare in it not pulling it off well :lol: Look at the look on her face, she looks like she just lost a fiver and found a quid.

Hahahaha!!!! See what I mean? I don't even spare a glance at the starving skeleton that's wearing the thing. Neither do my gay fashion friends. :lol:

We look at style, silhouette, design lines, textiles and shoes. That's all. I don't even look at hair and makeup. Neck downwards is all I give a shit about.

Guest Len B'stard

Hahahaha!!!! See what I mean? I don't even spare a glance at the starving skeleton that's wearing the thing. Neither do my gay fashion friends. :lol:

We look at style, silhouette, design lines, textiles and shoes. That's all. I don't even look at hair and makeup. Neck downwards is all I give a shit about.

Don't get me wrong, i like cutting edge and different and all that but it's got to be like...dynamic on some level. That just looks...unweildy and...like a faulty paracute the wrong way up.

I ain't shaggin' blokes just to validate my sartorial opinings! :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

I love this dress! :awesomeface:

Kate+Upton+Dresses+Skirts+Print+Dress+Pn

That woman is not made for clothes.

As for Red's dresses....put me down for everything Lenny said down to the crosses on the T's and dots on the Is.

Dennis_demonstrates_his_fantastic_draw_a

Nate, you've found your calling. Be a fashion designer. I love that neckline, I see big demands for that in the market. (Maybe raise it 'just' above the nipples though. ;) )
1. It's from Always Sunny.

2. A bit of areola never hurt anyone. Plus if people can see your nips it makes for a great barometer of the temperature in a room.

Don't get me wrong, i like cutting edge and different and all that but it's got to be like...dynamic on some level. That just looks...unweildy and...like a faulty paracute the wrong way up.

I ain't shaggin' blokes just to validate my sartorial opinings! :lol:

Lets just agree to disagree then. I love the texture, the volume, the shape, the colour. It's a complete package for me. I see amazing silhouettes in that which most people wouldn't consider 'sexy', 'beautiful' or even 'attractive'. That's because I don't base my idea of beauty on any socially accepted idea of what is beautiful. The most important aspects of that silhouette is the excessive hem, the isolated waist and the texture that defines the two. The legs that protrude from beneath the dress also define the silhouette, as does the modest neckline and the liberal sleeve. It's not about being sexy (that's irrelevant), its purely about shape and texture. And the way that shape and texture can envelop the body or project away from the body. It takes on its own form and its own movement. And that's where the craft is.