When is Jet gonna reunite already?

gunsfanoldie

Fucken oaf mate :P

Nah, TISM are still the #1 band here in Latveria, Ron Hitler Barassi and Humphrey B Flaubert are like Kanye and Kim over here.

We also scull Victoria and Melbourne Bitter in car parks and punch cunts in the fucken ead for wearing pink shirts in honour of the great TISM.

Edited by DR DOOM

Fucken oaf mate :P

Nah, TISM are still the #1 band here in Latveria, Ron Hitler Barassi and Humphrey B Flaubert are like Kanye and Kim over here.

We also scull Victoria and Melbourne Bitter in car parks and punch cunts in the fucken ead for wearing pink shirts in honour of the great TISM.

Most Aussie post on this forum ever. :lol:

Should we start posting like this to compete with Len and Dazey? :P

On topic, I don't know how Iggy and Bowie never sued Jet over "Are You Gonna Be My Girl?" (as it's blatantly "Lust For Life")...considering Men At Work got done for "Land Down Under" being a rip of "Kookaburra Sits In The Old Gum Tree"

Should we start posting like this to compete with Len and Dazey? :P

Nah, fucken cunts round here won't get it. :P

Seriously though, Jet were terrible. I was embarrassingly big on them when I was 13-14. :no:

At least a band like The Darkness knew they were taking the piss.

• Like 1

Jet was great, really solid albums, all 3 of them. Fun live band too, our local rock radio station had some partnership with a local venue and they produced a Jet show for $10 per ticket - GA standing room tickets. Jet put on a great show, would love the opportunity to see them again and/or hear new music.

Jet were terrible, I don't know why they got so popular here in Australia.

If we're talking about great Australian rock bands, The Screaming Jets shit all over Jet.

The Screaming Jets are the REAL Jets, and were around for years before Jet turned up and tried to steal the name, and let's not forget that.

Disappointing so many people didn't like them. Guess thats why they broke up lol. They were great though. 3 really great albums, and their debut is fantastic. Killer live band as well. Luckily they'll young enough and they'll come back eventually. But seriously surprised so many people dislike them. With all the shit music we get these days they were a breath of fresh air (or air from the 70s).

If we're talking about great Australian rock bands, The Screaming Jets shit all over Jet.

The Screaming Jets are the REAL Jets, and were around for years before Jet turned up and tried to steal the name, and let's not forget that.

Screaming Jets are a load of shite, Better's outro is the biggest Paradise City outro ripoff and Jet got their name from the Paul McCartney song.

Screaming Jets are a load of shite, Better's outro is the biggest Paradise City outro ripoff and Jet got their name from the Paul McCartney song.

Paradise City... Thats the first time I've ever heard that comparison, but I can see how they're kinda similar.

As for them being a "load of shite" they were one of the most hardest working and most constistently touring bands in Australia throughout the 90's.

I saw them more live times than I can remember from the early 90's well into the 2000's, and they always delivered a killer live rock show, every time.

I think bad management and line up changes have unfortunately derailed how really great they could've gone on to become, but there's no denying that they were without a doubt the best Aussie pub rock band for a while there.

• Like 1

Paradise City... Thats the first time I've ever heard that comparison, but I can see how they're kinda similar.

As for them being a "load of shite" they were one of the most hardest working and most constistently touring bands in Australia throughout the 90's.

I saw them more live times than I can remember from the early 90's well into the 2000's, and they always delivered a killer live rock show, every time.

I think bad management and line up changes have unfortunately derailed how really great they could've gone on to become, but there's no denying that they were without a doubt the best Aussie pub rock band for a while there.

Agreed. The Screaming Jets were great. They didn't exactly reinvent the wheel, but they've put on a fun show whenever I've seen them.

• Like 1