How Do You Think Slash Feels?

Bro-mero

What kind of emotions do you think Slash has that Duff is playing 5 shows with Axl? Do you think he's happy for Duff? Do you think there's a bit of jealousy that Axl will talk with Duff after the breakup, but completely shuns Slash?

Thanks for all the insightful input you've brought to this forum!

Bro-mero

What kind of emotions do you think Slash has that Duff is playing 5 shows with Axl? Do you think he's happy for Duff? Do you think there's a bit of jealousy that Axl will talk with Duff after the breakup, but completely shuns Slash?

Thanks for all the insightful input you've brought to this forum!

Bro-mero

Maybe we can ask Marc to kindly ask Slash about it? :heart:

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be elated by it. I mean, Duff was his right hand man in Velvet Revolver, he was Slash's ally when they were berating the so-called dictatorship of Axl Rose in press interviews. Now Duff appears to have done a 180 but I think the feud is very much alive between Slash and Axl (just look at Slash blocking the Vegas DVD for proof of that).

Slash has got to be feeling pretty butthurt right now.

Edited by Towelie

I don't think Slash is feeling "butthurt" at all right now. Honestly, I'm sure he doesn't feel anything about this. I'm sure he wishes Duff well and thinks its a cool experience. Duff has made a 180, but so has Slash. Slash does not care anymore about their silly feud and if he met up with Axl he would be fine with him. He's not actively trying to seek out a reconcilement (nor should he, as its just as much Axl's fault as it is Slash's so Slash shouldn't have to do all the heavy lifting because Axl is a baby) but I'm sure he'd be happy if one happened. For some reason, Axl holds a grudge against Slash and thats why he's fine with every other old member of the band.

I'm guessing Slash is not mad at Duff and he has no reason to be. Duff is being a cool guy to help out and rekindling a relationship with an old friend and bandmate. Nothing wrong with that and Slash would do the same if Axl wasn't still so hurt by him. I don't think Slash feels any jealousy, and honestly I'm sure he doesn't feel anything about it at all. He's said so many times he's past that time in his life and none of his current activity seems to disprove that. He knows Duff is long past it too and is just doing it to help out so while I'd be curious to see what the conversation is next time Slash and Duff talk, I'm sure Slash feels no ill feelings either way towards anyone.

• Like 1

I'm sure Slash feels no ill feelings either way towards anyone.

I doubt he has no ill feelings towards Axl. There's probably still some negativity there.

I think he's still pissed that Axl ruined one of the greatest bands of all time. Yeah, that would piss me off too. But he would speak to the guy and he goes out of his way to praise him as a great singer still, because he'd be stupid not to. I guess you're right that he probably doesn't have NO ill feelings, but I don't think they're as strong as people think. They are probably more likely because Axl refuses to just hash them out with them than actually holding a grudge against him. What I'm saying is I think any ill feelings Slash has are not on the surface and are probably ill feelings we all feel about people we actually care about (family members, friends, etc). Axl's on the other hand, are still very much alive for some strange reason and seem to be much closer to the surface (no surprise there as his life is still GNR related).

Edited by gunsfanoldie

I´d like to know how Axl feels. Duff owns that show. I can´t get Attitude outta my head. How could Axl do what he did 20 years ago? What the fuck was he thinking?

I wish I could´ve had this amazing Duff back in the late 80´s and early 90´s. He has developed more stage presence. He is a lot more poise, in great shape. Axl is just a shadow of his ownself.

I don't have to ask Slash, I'm sure he is happy that Duff is able to work with Axl again even if its just for a hand full of gigs. Duff is a solid guy and won't bullshit Axl. Its good to see Duff hanging around his old friend again. I'm sure Slash is happy that they are able to do that.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1

It would be even more interesting to know if this Axl/Duff reunion might change axls view on all of the old/original members (even Slash) a little bit. You could clearly see Axl had a lot of fun with his old friend on stage last night.

If I was Slash, I'd be more upset at Duff playing with DJ than with Axl. At least if Duff was playing with Finck he wouldn't be playing with a Slash wannabe.

DJ is a disgraced. If Slash, Fink or Izzy watch the Patience video from yesterday´s show... :facepalm: