Absolutely shocking performance by Dj Ashba in Buenos Aires

Guest NGOG

As for the current line-up? Ron and Bumble and the rest are fine....it is DJ that is just all wrong.

Yeah, I like those guys too. They're like Chip n' Dale, Tom & Jerry, Marilyn and Manson.

I seriously can't stop laughing, I've been laughing for some minutes, I'm even crying! HAHAHAHA

Well...shit :lol:

worst ashba show ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfQauDpWig4

that solo was bad too, he tries to improvise (maybe to look cool infront of duff) but it doesnt sound good

One of the more subtle terrible things about DJis how sometimes when there's a hard part in a solo he simply doesn't bother, like in the middle of the solo for don't cry. There's a bluesy run Slash did that's sort of fast, not too complicated but DJ doesn't even bother trying. He also has the worst guitar tone in the world.

And we have people bashing Robin...

Gotta admit, when I first heard Robin I thought he was butchering some of the solos, over time I realised it was a unique style he has, and he can produce some magic with this uniqueness, more so on newer stuff though - Ashba though... he is just garbage, sorry, but by a country mile the worst guitarist Guns has ever had. People might try and argue Paul Tobias, but Paul was a rhythm player, and done just that (as well as co-writing) - but Ashba is one of the lead guitar players and struggles with solos that I've been playing since I was 15 - I struggle to watch/listen to any GN'R from 2009 onwards... this'll probably be why when people go on about 'Axls great voice in 2010' I have no idea what they're talking about, can't stand listening to enough of Ashba to check out this great voice(!?).

I'll just add that I rarely listen to anything post 2002 anyway, not really a fan of Bumbles playing either, although I thought Axl sounded great in 2006.

• Like 3

perhaps, just perhaps they were talking about something else at the time?

Perhaps, just perhaps you can tell us what do you think they were talkin' about?

Axl: I forgot to whistle, what do you think if we start again....

BBF: No man, that's fine just finish it.

DJ Ashba Disaster, Part 1.

Part 1 was his TIL solo at Taipei 2009, his very first GNR show.

The whole taipei TIL was crappy...Axl sounded good, but the song was totally off-key

I actually think it sounded better in that key. Less like a Disney song and more sad like it was supposed to be.

I don't see why DJ is so insistent on playing the TIL solo. Yes, it's a chance to shine... if you can actually play it. I remember before the Taipei gig there was some interview with him where someone asked what his favourite solo to play was and he said TIL. Was not expecting it to sound so awful at the Taipei show after that comment, and definitely didn't foresee him giving up and changing the solo entirely for subsequent shows. Wish Finck had played TIL instead of Better at the Hollywood 2012 gig, we've already heard Finck play his Better solo live but it's a damn shame we'll probably never hear him play TIL. Hell, just let Bumble play the damn solo like it's supposed to be played.

I don't get why Fortus doesn't get more leads, just take 4 or 5 off Ashba and the quality will improve, not like anyone at the show cares which guitarist plays them cause it isn't Slash. Surely Axl knows it'd sound better the more he gives to Fortus and BBF.

Edited by RandallFlagg
  • Like 1