Steven Tyler thanked Axl while Slash was onstage + a little bit of Welcome to the Jungle

always nice to hear a mention regardless of how brief...but what a lackluster start of a gig...boring.

wtf is wrong with that crowd???!!! Polar opposite to the crowd in Buenos Aires on Sunday.

All done tongue very firmly planted in cheek.

"Thank you Axl, wherever you are".

First of all, you're misquoting Steven. Second, you're totally changing the tone of his comments. There was nothing malicious or snarky about the way he commented.

Thirdly, and most importantly, who gives a fuck what an American Idol judge has to say about music? Aside from cliche contributions likd I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, what have Aerosmith done since the 70s and early 80s? So Axl might be milking the nolstalgia trend slightly - but NOBODY does it more than Aerosmith.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

First of all, you're misquoting Steven. Second, you're totally changing the tone of his comments. There was nothing malicious or snarky about the way he commented.

Thirdly, and most importantly, who gives a fuck what an American Idol judge has to say about music? Aside from cliche contributions likd I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, what have Aerosmith done since the 70s and early 80s? So Axl might be milking the nolstalgia trend slightly - but NOBODY does it more than Aerosmith.

I might agree with the first part of your post, but surely not the second. Really, referring to Steven Tyler as an "American Idol judge"? C'mon. Aerosmith released 4 albums since '93 (With Get A Grip being release that year, a very solid album; And Pump being the last 80's album, another solid release to end out the decade). Maybe not as many as most would expect, but surely more than Axl. I'll defend Axl and Guns N' Roses most times, but if you're saying that Aerosmith is milking the "nostalgic" act more than them, then I'm going to firmly disagree.

• Like 1

First of all, I don't give a shit, I paraphrased, but thank you...the actual quote is even funnier and still tongue in cheek.

Secondly, again you have put words in my mouth. I didn't say it was malicious or snarky. I said it was tongue in cheek, which can have humorous connotations.

Thirdly, that American Idol judge has been down the same road as Axl. He was the lead singer of one of the most successful bands in U.S. rock history and he also managed to fuck a good thing up, so he knows what he's talking about and has Axl sussed out to a tee. The thing is though, he figured out how to repair the damage and get his crew back together..oh and..to continue releasing new material with said crew. I think they've had quite a few more hits since getting the original line up back together than nuGnR has or will ever pull off.

So if anyone has earned the right to poke a bit of fun at the mighty God Axl Rose, it's Steven Tyler.

Fourthly, lob I Don't Want To Miss A Thing at me, I'm going to lob This I Love back at you.

Fifth and final. Axl is slightly milking the nostalgia trend? Sorry buddy but it's his lifeblood, they play a few Chi Dem songs and lean heavily on the classics that the GnR legacy was built on, with guys who had nothing to do with creating any of it (yeah yeah Dizzy Reed, whatever). At least current Aerosmith are rocking tunes that they all took part in creating, they've earned that right.

Give your head a shake, wow.

• Like 1

I might agree with the first part of your post, but surely not the second. Really, referring to Steven Tyler as an "American Idol judge"? C'mon. Aerosmith released 4 albums since '93 (With Get A Grip being release that year, a very solid album; And Pump being the last 80's album, another solid release to end out the decade). Maybe not as many as most would expect, but surely more than Axl. I'll defend Axl and Guns N' Roses most times, but if you're saying that Aerosmith is milking the "nostalgic" act more than them, then I'm going to firmly disagree.

If we went back in time and you offered me every Aerosmith record post-93, or just Chinese Democracy; I'd take Chinese every fuckin' time.

Aerosmith became a nostalgia band once most band members turned 60 years old and had had a career of nearly 30 years. Axl became a nostalgia act when he was 40 years old and had had a career of about 10 years total. Bit of a difference there.

"Thank you Axl, out there somewhere."

Honestly, that doesn't sound like a bad thing at all. Almost sounds like it's seen as unfortunate that Axl isn't there with them. There's all these rockers that know each other and are friends, that collaborate all the time, and then there's Axl. Out there on his own, so far out from the shore.

I just see this as Slash trying to fill the void of not being around Axl so he tours with all these stars. It's not a bad thing. It's just sad really.

Or rather he has the oppurtunity to jam with the very people who inspired him to play guitar in the first place. And that isn't anywhere remotely close to a "sad" situation ;)

I just see this as Slash trying to fill the void of not being around Axl so he tours with all these stars. It's not a bad thing. It's just sad really.

Or rather he has the oppurtunity to jam with the very people who inspired him to play guitar in the first place. And that isn't anywhere remotely close to a "sad" situation ;)

It is when he's desperately clinging to the spotlight. Aerosmith is dead.

At the end of the day, Slash is playing with Aerosmith and is about to release his third album (in as many years); he is also a content family man who is married to a bird with gigantic jugs. He is also sober and his guitar skills are better than ever (case in point, Anastasia). Axl is a boozed up, washed up, vegas artist controlled by a Brazilian nanny who now is fat. His vocal skills are also shot.

Enjoy your Vegas cashgrabs Axlnutswingers as I have a new Slash album I am about to enjoy.

• Like 1