zabrak999

lol extended blues solos

lol blues

lol crap 70's hard rock

lol boring same old same old same old same old

lol aerosmith

lol awful music for awful people

lol this thread isn't for you

But seriously, if you have anything of substantive value to add to the dialogue other than "lol <insert thing I don't like" please do so, otherwise, let the people who care about these things hash them out.

• Like 1

I care

I feel that people who like this crap 70's hard rock really need to branch out a bit. It's like they (not meaning you or anyone else in this thread per se) listen to the same 10 bands over and over and over and over and over and over again. Like listening to a classic rock radio station....everyday it's the same old boring thing. "Coming up it's 2 for Tuesday and we're gonna be getting the Led out!!!!!!" snooze........

I can't imagine being satiated by the same music I listened to a week ago let alone 30+ years ago.

Yes, it's great, yes it's influential, yes it's important in the evolution of rock n roll blah blah blah...but my god, there's so much more out there...even in the beloved blues based hard rock field...

How can any fan of music listen and be content with the same 10 bands? It boggles my mind.

It's just boring and goes nowhere.

Worse still for me, are bar bands. Not all bar bands, but the tired old blues based bands playing ZZ Top covers. Fuck sake, it's 2014.

And worse even than that are the people who see those bar bands. How in the fuck? Why in the fuck?

I care

I feel that people who like this crap 70's hard rock really need to branch out a bit. It's like they (not meaning you or anyone else in this thread per se) listen to the same 10 bands over and over and over and over and over and over again. Like listening to a classic rock radio station....everyday it's the same old boring thing. "Coming up it's 2 for Tuesday and we're gonna be getting the Led out!!!!!!" snooze........

I can't imagine being satiated by the same music I listened to a week ago let alone 30+ years ago.

Yes, it's great, yes it's influential, yes it's important in the evolution of rock n roll blah blah blah...but my god, there's so much more out there...even in the beloved blues based hard rock field...

How can any fan of music listen and be content with the same 10 bands? It boggles my mind.

It's just boring and goes nowhere.

Worse still for me, are bar bands. Not all bar bands, but the tired old blues based bands playing ZZ Top covers. Fuck sake, it's 2014.

And worse even than that are the people who see those bar bands. How in the fuck? Why in the fuck?

Well, there are some issues with your line of thought, because to you, the music we're talking about is naturally deemed "crap." It's like you're telling people who don't listen to whatever style of music you do (by the way, what is it?) to listen to other "better" music because their music is "crap." If someone wants to only listen to the no. 1 rock artists of the 70's, so the fuck what? Don't get me wrong, that's not me, I'd gladly let you peruse my iTunes any time you want, but how is listening to the same 10 bands any different from the 70% (a guess, I admit, but it's certainly a majority) of the population that turns on the local top 40 station and listens to the same 10 artists over and over again? Most people are not music fanatics, though they are fans of some music, they are not connisseurs. Why should they be? What should they be listening to, according to you? What's the proper way to listen to music?

Edited by OmarBradley

lol

first of all, your spelling sucks

second of all, lol

third of all, 70's hard rock is crap. fact

fourth of all, the proper way to listen to music is with your ears

fifth of all, if someone ever uses the word "soul", then lol

sixth of all, well, lol

seventh of all, HOW Y'ALL FEEL??????????????

lol

first of all, your spelling sucks

second of all, lol

third of all, 70's hard rock is crap. fact

fourth of all, the proper way to listen to music is with your ears

fifth of all, if someone ever uses the word "soul", then lol

sixth of all, well, lol

seventh of all, HOW Y'ALL FEEL??????????????

I admit, there were some grevious spelling mistakes in that last post (I have since fixed them). I am concurrently arguing with you and writing a long essay, so forgive me if my attention seems elsewhere.

I would respond to the rest of that post, but it would be a friviulous effort considering your lack of ability to properly engage my arguments. Post whatever "lol" comment you want in reply, and then please, be done with this thread if you have nothing substantive to add.

ok pops

but more importantly....HOW Y'ALL FEEL???????????????

Engaging in a conversation about blues based hard rock is just full of lulz

It's the most brain dead form of music that the most brain dead of people follow

and one more thing before I go, ....tell me, HOW Y'ALL FEEL????????????????????

and fuck sake, it's frivolous

but really, it's blues based hard rock so.,,,HOW MANY OF Y'ALL ARE HAVING A GOOD TIME????????????

GET OUT OF YOUR SEATS YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!

ONE MORE THING PEOPLE....HOW MANY OF YOU LIKE TO ROCK AND ROLLLLLLLLLL??????????

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYONE HERE WANNA HEAR SOME ROCK AND ROLLLLLL?

THERE'S GONNA BE NO LIP SYNCING HERE TONIGHT PEOPLE....WE ONLY DO ONE THING AND THAT ONE THING IS....ROCK AND ROLLLLLL!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE PLAY WITH OUR SOUL...BECAUSE IT RHYMES WITH ROCK AND ROLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Sixes

ok pops

but more importantly....HOW Y'ALL FEEL???????????????

Engaging in a conversation about blues based hard rock is just full of lulz

It's the most brain dead form of music that the most brain dead of people follow

and one more thing before I go, since I've been ordered to!....tell me, HOW Y'ALL FEEL????????????????????

and fuck sake, it's frivolous

but really, it's blues based hard rock so.,,,HOW MANY OF Y'ALL ARE HAVING A GOOD TIME????????????

GET OUT OF YOUR SEATS YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!

Man you seem angry...

I am not shy in saying that hard rock music is my favorite music, but that doesn't mean I only listen to it, or only "ten" bands. I know what you are saying, I have also had conversations with these guys that are very closed minded in the music they deem as good. Most of these men like bands like Motley Crue, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden from my experiences. Do they cast a mullet like shadow over the entire genre? Perhaps. But do not assume that we are all like that, especially here on this forum. I have found many on this forum to be pretty open minded and coming from many varied backgrounds. We are the exception, not the rule.

well

this thread took a turn

anyway, I definitely think hard rock being rooted in blues is outdated. Your reasoning is that great hard rock bands had that blues-influenced groove, right?

Sure, but if bands keep doing that, then it'll be become generic. Generic isn't bad, but it's not terribly memorable. Notice how Queens was still riff based hard rock yet wasn't centered on the blues, and thus became hard rock icons in the 2000s.

Which leads to my idea of having Dance-Punk oriented grooves. Indie meets Hard Rock.

It'd still have the hard rock swagger, the riffs, the solos, but it'd just sound more updated

Edited by zabrak999

I like both. I like the 70s stuff and slightly less blues 90s bands. Maybe even some of the even less blues 00s bands.

I'm not sure if innovative is the right word. Things go in cycles.

It's not only the music, it's the culture and audience too.

Style is important.

well

this thread took a turn

anyway, I definitely think hard rock being rooted in blues is outdated. Your reasoning is that great hard rock bands had that blues-influenced groove, right?

Sure, but if bands keep doing that, then it'll be become generic. Generic isn't bad, but it's not terribly memorable. Notice how Queens was still riff based hard rock yet wasn't centered on the blues, and thus became hard rock icons in the 2000s.

Which leads to my idea of having Dance-Punk oriented grooves. Indie meets Hard Rock.

It'd still have the hard rock swagger, the riffs, the solos, but it'd just sound more updated

Yes, well you're clearly a dick that doesn't understand what a genre is, ignored everyone's advice in here and are well on your way to creating music that sounds like the gayest since sliced fairy bread.

Bravo.

• Like 1

I think there's a lot of great hard rock out there. It's just nobody cares, most people would still prefer to listen to Zepp. You've basically got to be the greatest ever to make people notice. Probably the same kind of stuff as Queen, Zepp, Stones, Guns would work again if you can get all of it going at once at the right time, right place kind of way. rock scene lacks personalities to me. There's good bands but no stars that really convince. I look at most bands and think "I'm cooler than these guys and I'm fucking loser" I want to think "I want be that guy, god damn it I'm a loser"

well

this thread took a turn

I don't know if I'm wasting my time by even responding to you, but here goes..

The point you are missing is that with blues based music it isn't what you are playing, it's how you are playing it. By that I mean, it's only 12 notes, after that it's what's inside the musician that matters (heart/soul if you will). That's what blues based music has in spades, it comes from the inside, it's a feeling. Jazz music also shares these qualities, a lot more than non jazz/blues based music imo. So for you to say it is "outdated" or "generic" I say nope. Go listen to Gary Clarke Jr. anyone that doesn't agree with me. He is a newer artist, playing blues based music, and he fucking jams. His songs sound as current and relevant than anything going on in any other genre imo, same goes for the black keys. There are good musicians and bands out there still "fighting the good fight" and it's not all about "rock and roll" "party dude" either Sixes. :P

You can play hard rock/blues rock without being streotypical cock rock everyone. It can be done, and is being done...

• Like 1

well

this thread took a turn

The point you are missing is that with blues based music it isn't what you are playing, it's how you are playing it. By that I mean, it's only 12 notes, after that it's what's inside the musician that matters (heart/soul if you will). That's what blues based music has in spades, it comes from the inside, it's a feeling. Jazz music also shares these qualities, a lot more than non jazz/blues based music imo. So for you to say it is "outdated" or "generic" I say nope. Go listen to Gary Clarke Jr. anyone that doesn't agree with me. He is a newer artist, playing blues based music, and he fucking jams. His songs sound as current and relevant than anything going on in any other genre imo, same goes for the black keys. There are good musicians and bands out there still "fighting the good fight" and it's not all about "rock and roll" "party dude" either Sixes. :P

You can play hard rock/blues rock without being streotypical cock rock everyone. It can be done, and is being done...

Gary Clarke Jr isn't Hard Rock, though.

I'm saying in Hard Rock, nearly all 2000s bands are generic, which is indisputable. It's subjective on whether they're good or not, but it's objective that they're generic and largely derivative, because they're rooted in the blues

• Like 1

well

this thread took a turn

Gary Clarke Jr isn't Hard Rock, though.

I'm saying in Hard Rock, nearly all 2000s bands are generic, which is indisputable. It's subjective on whether they're good or not, but it's objective that they're generic and largely derivative, because they're rooted in the blues

What 2000's era hard rock bands are rooted in the blues? I agree that modern rock bands are very generic, but I don't blame the blues for that, I blame the musicians.

I know Gary Clarke jr. isn't hard rock per say, but he is a modern blues player who is not generic.

ALRIGHT PEOPLE IS EVERYONE ALIVE OUT THERE???

OK OK OK OK OK

WELL WE'RE HERE, THE NIGHT IS YOUNG AND IT'S TIME TO PARTYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW HERE'S OUR GUITARIST JIMMY "JACK DANIELS" MURPHY,,,HE'S GONNA MELT YOUR FACE!!!!!!!

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Hardcore Superstar.

Check out 4-5 of their songs.

These guys are a pure hard rock band that has been putting out quality rock albums for the last decade. Fans of Appetite and Lies should dig these guys. Rasp lovers will also like the lead singer. And they are a great live band as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cFh2nIh4G0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iORTPPqnd6E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E03_D6KOuU4

For ballads, look at an awesome Hanoi Rocks cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCObEVa3auo

Hardcore Superstar.

Check out 4-5 of their songs.

These guys are a pure hard rock band that has been putting out quality rock albums for the last decade. Fans of Appetite and Lies should dig these guys. Rasp lovers will also like the lead singer. And they are a great live band as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cFh2nIh4G0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iORTPPqnd6E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E03_D6KOuU4

For ballads, look at an awesome Hanoi Rocks cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCObEVa3auo

I've definitely heard people mention them before. For some reason I never looked 'em up though. I liked the links you posted - will check out more of their stuff. Thanks.

lol extended blues solos

lol blues

lol crap 70's hard rock

lol boring same old same old same old same old

lol aerosmith

lol awful music for awful people

Fucking like limits. :lol:

Fuck you guys! I can't believe you people like GNR! :lol:

Hey OP, how about this?

Its got kind of a dance beat with some heavy stuff going on. Its a live instrumental by Japanese guitarist Sugizo

Like the "dancy" parts in Shacklers and OMG?

I often think of stuff like that, its cool

I agree with that, funk/disco rythmic sections. With heavy guitars, and agressive pop melody. Plus, synth and piano. But i think the band must have ballsy rockers, ballads, epics, and stadium anthems.

Going Down's solo is very funky.

Edited by Silent Jay