Could decrease of Rasp be directly related to increase of Alcohol

This is a serious question...

In 2006 I saw Axl with a beer here and there but no Alcohol puff. When 2009 and 2010 started I saw a puffy Axl, but as the tour went down the puff decreased maybe because he drank less to save his voice.

But from 2011 on, he's remained mostly puffy with no rasp.

I remember he told Lisa Marie after Philly, no I can't have a drink with you, I have to protect my voice....

Could it be that Axl enjoys the bottle so much now a days that he does so at direct expense of his vocals?

I'm not flaming or trolling, but I'm actually thinking there might be some relation.

Not at all.

Having drank with the guy for five hours in 2010, I can unequivocally state that there is little connection to rasp and alcohol.

Think about it, for that to be true, Axl would have been dead cold sober throughout the late 80s and early 90s.

Having drank with the guy for five hours in 2010

You did what now? Please recap. :)

I've saving that story for January 2015. Told myself I wouldn't give the full account to this board until five years had passed from that crazy night. I've got my reasons for that, which I'll share on January 28th, 2015.

• Like 1

I've saving that story for January 2015. Told myself I wouldn't give the full account to this board until five years had passed from that crazy night. I've got my reasons for that, which I'll share on January 28th, 2015.

Oh, that's right. I think I remember seeing you say that somewhere, but I forgot it was you. Jan. 2015 isn't too far away. I can be patient. You'd better bring a doozy though. :lol:

Oh, that's right. I think I remember seeing you say that somewhere, but I forgot it was you. Jan. 2015 isn't too far away. I can be patient. You'd better bring a doozy though. :lol:
This.

If we've waited five years it needs to be a story equivalent in stature to half of Chinese Democracy ( what this means obviously is open to interpretation).

Can't wait! :)

It takes me 15 to 20 minutes to tell it person...

Frontrunner for Thread of the Year 2015.

Will it be good enough for you to warrant your own sub section - Downzy Debates has a nice ring to it. :-D

Will it be good enough for you to warrant your own sub section - Downzy Debates has a nice ring to it. :-D

I swear I'm not as big of an asshole in person as I often present myself here. This place does something to me...

Anyway, back on topic. I do agree that alcohol can dry out your vocal chords, that ultimately it's not the best elixir for those about to sing for two to three hours. But it's not as though Axl's sound requires perfect technique anyway.

Probably because he quit smoking cigarettes.

Whatever work he did by himself or with a vocal coach between 2005-2010 improved his voice tremendously. Obviously he thought he was about to take over rock again with a new album and a world tour. Sadly plans went through. Axl started drinking a lot more out of depression and quit working on his voice. He lost his power and has struggled to regain it.

So yes I would say alcohol contributed to the downfall of his voice.

I swear I'm not as big of an asshole in person as I often present myself here. This place does something to me...

Anyway, back on topic. I do agree that alcohol can dry out your vocal chords, that ultimately it's not the best elixir for those about to sing for two to three hours. But it's not as though Axl's sound requires perfect technique anyway.

I wasn't having a go, just joking. I enjoy your posts. :-)

Speculation... alcohol isn't good for your voice, true, but how much he may or may not be having daily or weekly is something we aren't privy too. He has looked a little red in the face recently and that's a common result of over indulging in alcohol... or it's just high blood pressure or whatever.

He's not healthy one way or the other, no one who has a gut like that is really healthy so regardless of if he is or isn't drinking heavily he obviously needs to cut something else out and add a fitness regime into his day.

I take a note on this and you will be reminded :headbang: