Fargo, FX Original Series [SPOILERS]

Ace Nova

Just saw a preview for this....looks like it could be a good one from first glance.....starring Billy Bob Thorton and several other well known actors. If this is as good as FX's American Horror Story, it should be well worth watching.

I'm on vacation and using my cell phone or else I would normally post a link to the trailer and info. on the show...anyone reading, please feel free to do so below, thanks!

Edited by Kasanova King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jFU0r0xG_c

Yeah, FX has been putting out some great shows the last couple of years, so I expect this to be good. Justified and The Americans have been stellar.

The only negative is having to listen to people talk in that Minnesota/North Dakota/Wisconsin accent. Funny at first, but it gets grating after awhile.

• Like 1

Yeah, FX has been putting out some great shows the last couple of years, so I expect this to be good. Justified and The Americans have been stellar.

The only negative is having to listen to people talk in that Minnesota/North Dakota/Wisconsin accent. Funny at first, but it gets grating after awhile.

I live in ND and I can't do that fucking accent with effort. I haven't even heard it anywhere outside of the smallest backwater shitholes. I agree that it's fucking annoying though.

I live in ND and I can't do that fucking accent with effort. I haven't even heard it anywhere outside of the smallest backwater shitholes. I agree that it's fucking annoying though.

I imagine it's like the Canadian accent. You'll almost never hear it in urban centres or reasonably populated areas (nobody in Toronto says 'eh), but venture out into the country and the caricature Canadian accent you see in American televisions is all too real.

• Like 1

I imagine it's like the Canadian accent. You'll almost never hear it in urban centres or reasonably populated areas (nobody in Toronto says 'eh), but venture out into the country and the caricature Canadian accent you see in American televisions is all too real.

Yeah, you can find it if you're looking for it but it's actually a small percentage of the population. Not sure why Hollywood likes to attribute minority accents to large populations. Especially in Canada where your cities are much more populated than anything we have here. It's ridiculous.

Yeah, you can find it if you're looking for it but it's actually a small percentage of the population. Not sure why Hollywood likes to attribute minority accents to large populations. Especially in Canada where your cities are much more populated than anything we have here. It's ridiculous.

It's ridiculous, but funny. Even I find myself laughing at American shows that make fun of the way all Canadians supposedly speak. Take the scene from Anchor Man 2, where Jim Carey shows up with the CBC news team (sorry if that's a spoiler for anyone). Jim doesn't talk like that in real life, but still puts on that stereotypical Canadian accent. Not accurate, but still funny. Although we do saw sorry a lot - that's a fairly accurate stereotype. Look, I even included an apology in this post and realized it afterward!

Edited by downzy
  • Like 1

The show looks interesting, Billy Bob seems to be playing an intriguing role and will be watching for sure.

Yeah, in the promo, he comes across as the puppeteer of those around him.

The show looks like it's going to be dark like the movie. Definitely happy to see more of that.

as good as FX's American Horror Story

:no:

I could see this being a really good mini-series, but I have a hard time believing it can be done as multiple seasons, no matter who is involved.

Looks pretty good though, so hopefully they don't mess it up.

As for the accent, it's pretty much a parody on the accent itself and that's why they put so much emphasis on it.

is it horror based?

Dark comedy/drama

I love the movie. Are the Cohen brothers involved at all?

Yes, executive producers.

as good as FX's American Horror Story

:no:

I could see this being a really good mini-series, but I have a hard time believing it can be done as multiple seasons, no matter who is involved.

Looks pretty good though, so hopefully they don't mess it up.

As for the accent, it's pretty much a parody on the accent itself and that's why they put so much emphasis on it.

As in you don't think it will be as good as American Horror Story or you didn't like American Horror Story?

As far as it continuing on after the 10 episode mini series...I could see it taking the path of American Horror Story and True Detective as anthology based series...with some of the same actors but completely different characters, themes, plots, etc. Why not? :shrugs:

But again, I'm probably putting the cart in front of the horse....let's first see how good the show is....;)

As in, season one of American Horror Story was great, but the recent two have declined in quality.

And is it only supposed to be a 10 Episode mini series? If so, then hopefully they stick with that.

It's funny you say that, most critics and general consensus among viewers is that seasons two and three are actually better than season one....go figure.

I've only watched the first few episodes of season three, so I can't speak for it yet.

As far as seasons one and two go....in terms of overall "quality" (Writing, directing, acting, etc) I would say they were pretty much on par with one another....in terms of overall "entertainment", I personally enjoyed season one better. Seemed like season two had a little too much going on at times.

Edited by Kasanova King