How hard is it to learn to drive a stick if you are older?

SunnyDRE

It took me less than one month to get my driving licence (in a manual of course) and I never had touched a car in my life. I love how some people brag about driving a manual as if it was neurosurgery. :lol: I assume you're not retarded so you'll be fine Sunny.

How does it matter that you got your licence in less than a month? I remember when I got my licence it was necessary to have at least 6 lessons with a qualified instructor and a lesson was 1 hour. That's 6 fucking hours of driving. I could do that in a day. :lol:

Think what you're trying to say is that because she is smaller the alcohol is more concentrated in her blood than in a bigger person even after a few drinks.

But this is where I find the whole testing thing interesting. That night i drank half a bottle of wine but i didnt have very much for dinner. I had a chicken schnitzel roll for lunch which made me feel really full all afternoon and I didn't feel like much for dinner. So I had a bit of wine and not much to eat. But didn't feel at all drunk. On another occassion I remember having Japanese shochu, prosecco, red wine and *shock horror* tequila shots before driving and I 'accidentally' did an illegal u-turn in view of police and got pulled up. I was breath tested which was standard procedure and I was 'fine' (ie, under the limit) despite the fact that I actually felt the affect of the alcohol. I literally had the tequila in less than an hour from when I was tested so I genuinely had this sense that I was well within my limits when I drove home last week. Apparently 'only just' within my limits.

In all fairness I was totally capable of handling a vehicle but it goes to show that the reading you get from a breath test can vary greatly depending on a variety of factors. Definitely buying a personal breath tester. If I'm over the limit I'll just stay where I am until I'm no longer over the limit. As long as it takes, and until I'm well under. I can happily sit in the car for hours listening to music.

Cool.

Especially because it's obvious Australian laws are applied all around the world.

Okay. So based on Australian law it's incredibly unimpressive that you got your licence in less than a month. :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Think what you're trying to say is that because she is smaller the alcohol is more concentrated in her blood than in a bigger person even after a few drinks.

Thank you, yes, exactly, sorry, dunno whats the matter with me this morning...afternoon even!

I wrecked my first car about 8 months ago, and had been wanting to learn standard anyway for a while so I bought a little hatchback to teach myself in. It took me maybe a week to get it down (but my drive to work is only about 5 km). I had dirtbikes when I was younger though so I was a little familiar with a clutch.