Oscar Pistorius trial

wasted

The speed had nothing to do with it really, pretty sure the only one who survived was wearing a seat belt and nobody else was, the car itself wasn't going ridiculous fast at about 60mph.

The problem with the Diana crash is so many things went wrong, driver had been drinking, over the speed limit to get away from the paps and no seat belts on. Really a lack of common sense going on there from the people in the car.

One thing I would add is there is a difference between following which seems orderly, and chasing in which they attempt to get level with or in front of the car to take photos. Very difficult to do that safely even at slower speeds.

As for the Pistorious case itself, media are doing nothing wrong really. They're allowed into the court room and are broadcasting what they're allowed. Most of the controversy has come from the actions of those in the court room itself such as Pistorious and Nel.

What I mean is they're always bought up as the whipping boys in every situation, Trayvon, this thing, Heysel, umpteen other tragic things...but it's worth noting that it ain't them making the shit happen.

the problem is the media tries to convict or push an agenda one way instead of letting the legal system work. the trayvon case is a perfect example. the media doctored evidence, misquoted evidence in a way to make the "evidence" fit what agenda they wanted to push regardless if the evidence was never there to begin with. they work the populace up into a frenzy make it look one sided, and when it goes the other way, it was obviously something wrong with the state or the jury or something else since it was so clear cut!

• Like 2

What a joke this guy is, does anybody actually believe this fucker's story?

The carry on from OP during this trial is ridiculous.

I think he knows he's going down for life. But they have chance if they present a feasible alternative story.

To me if you have a gun and someone is rooting around in your kitchen. you tell them to come out or you shoot. or wait til they come out. but they could have a gun too i suppose. if you did hear a noise in the other. room the first thing you'd do is say to who you were in bed with "hey, can you hear that?" if they aren't there you'd think that must be them in the other room. not oh she's not in bed, so that must be an intruder!

The speed had nothing to do with it really, pretty sure the only one who survived was wearing a seat belt and nobody else was, the car itself wasn't going ridiculous fast at about 60mph.

The problem with the Diana crash is so many things went wrong, driver had been drinking, over the speed limit to get away from the paps and no seat belts on. Really a lack of common sense going on there from the people in the car.

One thing I would add is there is a difference between following which seems orderly, and chasing in which they attempt to get level with or in front of the car to take photos. Very difficult to do that safely even at slower speeds.

As for the Pistorious case itself, media are doing nothing wrong really. They're allowed into the court room and are broadcasting what they're allowed. Most of the controversy has come from the actions of those in the court room itself such as Pistorious and Nel.

my comment was more about my personal shame in tuning in for a celebrity trial to find some guy blubbing and finding really he has no chance. they are trying to make it exciting. were the sheets on the floor or not? was your iPad on the floor or by your bed. did you take your legs off?

diani was with dodi so they didn't want paps getting shots of them? its just they take everything really seriously.

What I mean is they're always bought up as the whipping boys in every situation, Trayvon, this thing, Heysel, umpteen other tragic things...but it's worth noting that it ain't them making the shit happen.

i don't think anyone is saying that. although in a peripheral way they do.

it's more like someone shooting his girlfriend has happened before, a cop shooting a black kid, a plane going off course. none of it's really news. i was really talking about how ghastly it is seeing this legless runner knowing he's going down for life blubbing on live tv from the courthouse live. its purely for our entertainment. theres no reason to follow the case so closely. or even that case. its just he's a celebrity. so i tuned in.

probably in all three stories the media evades or disturbs reality. whether he did it or not people will be judging. way more than if it was never "newsworthy". like the rent a cop guy had to go into hiding from the start of case. in a security bunker. because people knew who he was. they'd made judgements based on twitter evidence.

the other thing is each news channel has its own bias. to me thats not such a bad thing. the price of freedom is you are told what to think by the media. but then you have to question why they pick on certain events. trayvon was the race issue. CNN it was more a gun control issue and piers got deported for it. Pistorious is just scandal. I'm sure a load people got shot the same weekend. the plane had potential terrorist attack. but in the end it's a distraction from things that we might want to improve.

MH370 was basically a story about how the media should have more access to relevant information. to the point where they accused them of covering it up. the press scrum and the screaming relatives had nothing to do with the plane. they created a melee in that hotel with police barricading the press from the relatives and then pandemonium as they were moved to another location. that was live. that was the news. meanwhile they found a coke can floating in the indian ocean. it's filler fodder, whatever, do you think anyone in zombieland remembered anything. cut in close up on the victims relatives distraught faces.

So if you flick through the tv channels you see boring news stories so eventually your mind wanders to who's showing us this stuff and why. its whatever sells. celebrity killers, mysterious disappearances and race riots. here's stephanie with the boobies.

Overall I don't see a motive. A model/lawyer gives you a valentines card saying she loves you. Then you gun her down?

He said he didn't open the gift until August.

you mean on Vjayjay day he didn't open the card? was there anything about an argument or past hostilities. any reason at all why he would shoot her. other than desperately wanting to get shanked in the prison showers.

his story isn't that believable, like you'd know if someone was next to you in bed or not. if you suspected some one was in the house the first thing you do is call out to your girlfriend. locate them and alert them to danger. Did he even call out to the person behind the door?