Do you think that DJ's new hat looks more like Slash's? Is it an homage? Is it symbolic? How does it make you feel?

Ashba posted this on twitter...it's a homemade hat that a fan made and DJ put it on.

On a side note...everyone bashes him for wearing a top hat style hat...it's not even a top hat. He used to wear a huge top hat before he joined guns, then he switched to his current scrunched style hat.

Edited by Jeffk
  • Like 1

When you get more shit for the way you dress/your gimmick than a guy who wears a bucket on his head and a mask that doesn't come off and never interacts with anyone except chickens or nunchucks then you know you're doing something wrong.

Edited by RandallFlagg
  • Like 2

So when we talk about Ashba's hat it's alright but when we talk about Pitman's hat it's not?

When I read this thread's title, I thought it was you making another hat thread out of spite.

I actually didn't notice that thread until after mine got locked haha. But I'll make another general Pitman thread sooner or later. I think it's time.

Ashba posted this on twitter...it's a homemade hat that a fan made and DJ put it on.

On a side note...everyone bashes him for wearing a top hat style hat...it's not even a top hat. He used to wear a huge top hat before he joined guns, then he switched to his current scrunched style hat.

tophat.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/mq6xgLH6U1#

I've found like one or two pictures of him wearing a regular top hat compared the 20 billion of his current one. But for the most part during his early days with Sixx AM, he either wore a bandana, beanie/tobaggan hat or no hat at all. It's kinda obvious his current hat is to replicate Slash's.

I just noticed he said he's the CEO of Ashba media on his twitter. Saying he's a CEO for something so small is like well duh, you're ASHBA after all. I know it's done some signs for high profile displays but what else it does I have no idea. Surely it'd be a full time job if he was running everything and getting constant business. Putting CEO and entrepreneur on the same thing is just a little overkill. I just get the vibe he's the type of guy who'd invite you to his house and say ''Welcome to my domain, you can have some doritos and cheese dip if you like, you're allowed to breathe the same oxygen I do too, I'm a kind king after all.'

Has anyone ever asked DJ what the deal with the top hat was, specifically if it had anything to do with slash? I remember someone looking into the history of the top hat look and he had never worn it before guns.

If the hat is to pay homage to Slash, I think a better way to do it would be to learn how to play his fucking solos.

• Like 1

DJ's schtick is whatever, his playing generally get the job done (though he is obviously inferior to the other 2 guitarists). But the whole point of him joining GNR was to get Axl interested in recording brand new material. Another epic fail.

Do you think that DJ's new hat looks more like Slash's? Is it an homage? Is it symbolic? How does it make you feel?

- No.

- No.

- No.

- It makes me feel DJ is a complete tool.

Edited by username