Slash calls 'Sweet Child o' Mine' the "gayest thing you can write"

That is 1000000000xs better than anything he wrote. But hey keep playing with Steven Tyler, Myles Kennedy, and Fergi. The three biggest hooray for tolerance!s in music.

yeah, i|m happy that axl is surrounded by rock gods like ashba, pitman and co...

nugnr-fans are clowns...

• Like 1

:lol: This is actually the reason I rediscovered GNR last summer. Damn you, Slash ;)

What a god-awful horrendous way to rediscover something. You have my sincerest apologies.

Well... never thought I'd see him doing Tomorrowland, that's for sure. It actually got worse after that. I thought: Gee, I wonder what Axl is up to these days. The first videos you bump into are Axl Rose Disaster I and II and the Kimmel thing. Then you see things about something called Team Brazil and some woman named Beta... I don't know why I didn't stop looking then, but here I am :lol:

• Like 1

:lol: This is actually the reason I rediscovered GNR last summer. Damn you, Slash ;)
What a god-awful horrendous way to rediscover something. You have my sincerest apologies.

Well... never thought I'd see him doing Tomorrowland, that's for sure. It actually got worse after that. I thought: Gee, I wonder what Axl is up to these days. The first videos you bump into are Axl Rose Disaster I and II and the Kimmel thing. Then you see things about something called Team Brazil and some woman named Beta... I don't know why I didn't stop looking then, but here I am :lol:

That took guts. A lesser human would have ran.
  • Like 1

Sweet Child is a classic song that EVERYONE knows......you wanna talk about music that is "gay".....listen to both VR albums....yes sadly i own both its something I'm not proud of

Good point mate as Contraband, debut #1 on Billboard and sold 4 million copies worldwide, certainly got no radio play................ and nobody ever heard of "Slither" or "Fall to Pieces"........... ;)

And I say that with SCOM being my favorite Guns songs but come on really?

Contraband debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200, selling 256,000 copies in its first week of release.[1] Notably, this marked the best-ever debut for a new rock artist in the SoundScan era. The album would eventually sell over 2.9 million copies in the United States, and 4 million worldwide.

The first single, "Slither", topped a composite world modern rock chart in June, and later hit #1 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Chart for 8 weeks. The follow-up, "Fall to Pieces", was a major crossover hit that reached #1 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Chart for 11 weeks.

In 2005, Velvet Revolver won the Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock Performance, an award Weiland had previously won for the Stone Temple Pilots song "Plush" in 1994. At the ceremony, they were asked to play the music for a cover of The Beatles' "Across the Universe". The live recording was a hit on iTunes, with all proceeds going to charity. In January 2005, Velvet Revolver were also asked to play the music for a cover of Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven". The single was to aid victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake, with all proceeds going to Save the Children Foundation.

Edited by classicrawker

Sweet Child is a classic song that EVERYONE knows......you wanna talk about music that is "gay".....listen to both VR albums....yes sadly i own both its something I'm not proud of

She's got eyes of the bluest skies, as if they thought of rain.

Yep, great song but lyrics are very gay.

Isn't that the whole reason for calling the song gay (absurd etc etc), cause its lyrics are kinda soft? Anyway, I don't think Slash think so anymore.

Nah, it's like writing a letter to your girlfriend, that's gay. How can you be an homosexual for doing that? Axl is not gay, his lyrics for SCOM are.

So Slash didn't like something in 1986 and said that the music-buying public clearly had a different opinion than he did. What am I missing here?

You aren't missing anything, however a lot of people here are missing the past tense context of what was said or ignore it in favor if internet pitchforking ;)

Although what Slash said probably wasn't the most efficient and PC way of wording it but still....

Edited by WhazUp

Maybe it's a hint regarding Axl. Axl always talking about Slash..."he's in my ass" etc...Axl never have ever gotten over Slash leaving him etc.....Axl likening the break up to a divorce and acting like a jilted lover.

Edited by Snowmass

She's got eyes of the bluest skies, as if they thought of rain.

Yep, great song but lyrics are very gay.

Isn't that the whole reason for calling the song gay (absurd etc etc), cause its lyrics are kinda soft? Anyway, I don't think Slash think so anymore.

Nah, it's like writing a letter to your girlfriend, that's gay. How can you be an homosexual for doing that? Axl is not gay, his lyrics for SCOM are.

No, the lyrics are awesome :lol:

The lyrics really aren't that bad compared to countless other chart hits off classic bands... and we all know they're not anywhere near Axl's best lyrics.

Aerosmith:

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure

Don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you, baby

Lying close to you feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what you're dreaming,
Wondering if it's me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together
And I just wanna stay with you
In this moment forever, forever and ever

I don't wanna close my eyes

I'd still miss you, baby

I don't wanna miss one smile
I don't wanna miss one kiss
Well, I just wanna be with you
Right here with you, just like this

I just wanna hold you close
I feel your heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment
For the rest of time, yeah, yeah, yeah!

Don't wanna fall asleep

I'd still miss you, baby

I don't wanna close my eyes

and I'd still miss you, baby

I don't wanna fall asleep, yeah
I don't wanna miss a thing
I don't wanna miss a thing

--

Muse:

I think I'm drowning
Asphyxiated
I wanna break this spell
That you've created

You're something beautiful
A contradiction
I wanna play the game
I want the friction

You will be the death of me
You will be the death of me

Bury it
I won't let you bury it
I won't let you smother it
I won't let you murder it

Our time is running out
Our time is running out
You can't push it underground
You can't stop it screaming out

I wanted freedom
Bound and restricted
I tried to give you up
But I'm addicted

Now that you know I'm trapped sense of elation
You'd never dream of
Breaking this fixation

You will squeeze the life out of me

Bury it
I won't let you bury it

Our time is running out
Our time is running out
How did it come to this?
Oh

You will suck the life out of me

Bury it
I won't let you bury it

Our time is running out
Our time is running out
How did it come to this?
Oh

--

Zeppelin:

You need coolin', baby, I'm not foolin',
I'm gonna send you back to schoolin',
Way down inside honey, you need it,
I'm gonna give you my love,
I'm gonna give you my love.

[Chorus]
Wanna Whole Lotta Love [X4]

You've been learnin', baby, I've been yearnin',
All them good times, baby, baby, I've been yearnin',
Way, way down inside honey, you need it,
I'm gonna give you my love... I'm gonna give you my love.

[Chorus]

You've been coolin', baby, I've been droolin',
All the good times I've been misusin',
Way, way down inside, I'm gonna give you my love,
I'm gonna give you every inch of my love,
Gonna give you my love.

[Chorus]

Way down inside... woman... You need... love.

Shake for me, girl. I wanna be your backdoor man.
Keep it coolin', baby.

• Like 1

Perhaps Slash is... lying? Haha. Legendary rock interview with guns n roses insider and author marc canter

LRI: Slash ended up going to the Hall Of Fame but originally he put out a blurb in the press saying how the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame didn’t really mean that much to him before issuing a clarification a few days later saying he understands it’s a great honor. What’s your take on where his head was at on that?

Marc: He lies.

LRI: Huh ??!!!(laughs).

Marc: No, seriously Slash lies. (laughs). Axl was right about that in a sense but the way that Slash lies is that he lies to make himself look cool for the most part. For example saying that Sweet Child was lame when its still a part of his set and obviously means a great deal. He just wants to be the eternally cool rocker, Joe Perry used to say the same thing about Dream On. He’ll lie on occasion to twist out of something because every now and then he gets caught in a corner. He of course, does care about those awards and acknowledgements and that’s why he admitted later that it was a great honor to be included and everything. That first quote also may have come as a result of him being cornered by the press. He was, at that time, under the assumption, like many were, that Axl and his current band would be invited and of course Slash wanted no part of that. Later, he found out that wasn’t the case and that it was only going to be the people who ended up getting asked for inclusion and it didn’t include Axl’s current band. Once he realized that it wasn’t going to be he and Steven and Duff in one corner and Axl and the new band in another he was okay with it all. When he realized that wasn’t happening he was like “Yeah, it’s an honor and blah, blah, blah”.