Chris Pitman - Your opinions?

A quick look at the Chinese Democracy credits shows he is probably one of the most essential members in regards to new music.

As for his live performance, this is all we need to remember. The man is a living legend and the only member of the band who truly rocks.

121021-bridge-school-post-600-1350842372

If anyone has a picture of Pittman rocking the hell out of that towel during Bridge School, please post it. I also suggest watching that performance of "Rockin' in the Free World" should be required viewing for any GN'R fan. You can literally see Chris slink his way to the front of the stage, stand next to Neil Young, and then decide, "fuck it Ill sing." It was more exciting than anything Axl did either night.

Don't forget about the towel incident.

Somehow, playing the towel was the most rock n roll thing about that performance.

An album won't make GNR any money cause the show attendances won't increase with new songs and people can download any music these days, therefore the record label won't be too bothered unless it's a reunion. He has a point but Axl had plenty of money and time so releasing it shouldn't be a problem unless he scrapped it all cause the members left and he intended to rehash it all like the nutjob he is.

• Like 1

I get the Pitman jokes, but he's no joke. He's all over CD, and he's a key part in the live sound. Also he seems to be one of those guys that is very high in spirits, good vibes for everyone. The soul at the party. A real rockstar.

As it's been said, I think his tambourine work in WTTJ really ties the song together.

Ultimately though a think a good portion of people's opinions on them boil down to people's acceptance of the new sound I guess. I'm rather indifferent to it, but one thing I am heavily opinionated on is excess. I think a leaner band will result in tighter and stronger music, regardless of the genre. When you have a guy that sits in the corner and smacks a tambourine during half of the set, has an inaudible keyboard and adds a bunch of shitty synths/fucking backing tracks that destroy the essence of what the band is all about, well, it's hard for me to see the positives. When did a band ever add a member for fucking morale purposes? That's a waste of space. As Axl said, he'd probably fire Pitman first.

I really don't see how he's a rockstar either. He'd be some obscure guy if it wasn't for GNR (There's like 5 songs of him BETWEEN YouTube and Spotify). I think the Sextapes stuff is a bunch of angry screaming and I'd imagine his electronica work is of similarly bad quality. If being an asshole makes him a rockstar, then I must be Freddie Mercury.

The burning question I want to know is...is Axl donating his cast off hats to Chris?

It's an inner conspiracy man.

• Like 2

He played synths on a fucking TOOL record, that gives him a lot of integrity but he's still not quite worthy of being a GNR member, he bonks a tambourine, slams a few synths, sinks a few tequilas, dons a few hats, falls over a few inaudible contraptions... it's not quite on the Dizzy level, which is only just above 'spare part'.

A quick look at the Chinese Democracy credits shows he is probably one of the most essential members in regards to new music.

As for his live performance, this is all we need to remember. The man is a living legend and the only member of the band who truly rocks.

121021-bridge-school-post-600-1350842372

If anyone has a picture of Pittman rocking the hell out of that towel during Bridge School, please post it. I also suggest watching that performance of "Rockin' in the Free World" should be required viewing for any GN'R fan. You can literally see Chris slink his way to the front of the stage, stand next to Neil Young, and then decide, "fuck it Ill sing." It was more exciting than anything Axl did either night.

Don't forget about the towel incident.

Somehow, playing the towel was the most rock n roll thing about that performance.

Could you sent us a link of that? i didnt care much about bridge school,it was a horrible show to see and listen.Btw,what i think of pitman is that we gnr dont need him.

I kinda liked him until that stupid interview where he says people don't buy albums so GNR doesn't care about releasing them. Stupid guy, average to bad musician.

Agreed - I'm aware he was heavily involved in the making of ChiDem, but that comment really annoyed me.

I'd be OK with Pitman being a contributing recording studio member of nuGn'R, but pretty much a dead weight on live touring... The same applies to that 2nd lead guitar player - such a waste of space and so confusing for the fans.

Do you struggle to count past one?

He's part of BLOWOUT with Ferrer and Ron where they, you guessed it, play covers of classic tunes. Ron even uses his bumblebee guitar!

Yeah, I saw that. Terrible. They even play AFD songs lol.

But I wanted to know if he has solo projects where he's doing completely different kind of music.

He used to be in a band/project called LUSK if I'm not mistaken but I'm not sure if they are active... He also worked for Tool but that was a long time ago.

I guess he's a creative producer/musician. The money from Axl is too good for him to try other things tho.