The way drugs and prostitution boost the economy

Snake-Pit

The UK economy will get a £10bn boost from illegal drugs and prostitution this year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-26957683

Knowing how much has been spent on illegal activities is important because otherwise there is a great deal of money that has been legally earned, but you don't know how it has been spent - creating a mismatch between figures for earnings and spending or saving.

Similarly, it would mean there was a lot of money being spent on legal products and services, of which you did not know the origin.

In other words, money from illegal activities, if its origin can be hidden, circulates round the economy just like any other money, and EU statisticians have decided it's important to be able to account for it.

It's difficult to enforce laws against pleasure.

Kind of a fucked up concept if you think about it. Feeling good is illegal.

yeah it is really fucked up. what makes it even more fucked up is how certain ways of "feeling good" are legal and some made illegal. you want to drink yourself stupid go for it, but you cant smoke a joint! you want to gamble on horse racing go for it, but you better not start an office football pool!

yeah it is really fucked up. what makes it even more fucked up is how certain ways of "feeling good" are legal and some made illegal. you want to drink yourself stupid go for it, but you cant smoke a joint! you want to gamble on horse racing go for it, but you better not start an office football pool!
You can't do that? Everyone does that in workplaces in Australia.

Yeah that's totally strange to me. I mean we have at least four or five bookies on every main street over here.

Drink 16 beers and bash your wife and kids/drink drive and cause fatalities and or please gamble away everything you have but whatever the fuck you do, don't smoke that joint!

• Like 2

some states it is illegal to run sports pools. here is an article about a bar owner who ran a weekly football pool

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/bar-owner-reminded-football-pools-are-illegal/article_a88b5bdc-9df5-5c51-bc3f-c1b13dc0659c.html

Then Vargo sent him the letter explaining that it's a violation of state law to require a payment or purchase to participate in a pool and that it would be in "everyone's best interest for your business to bring its practices into compliance before there is an investigation or any formal action."

Vargo said he contacted Thirsty’s after receiving a complaint earlier this football season about the weekly pools, a form of gambling that is a Class 2 misdemeanor offense in South Dakota and punishable by up to a $500 fine and 30 days in jail.

Drink 16 beers and bash your wife and kids/drink drive and cause fatalities and or please gamble away everything you have but whatever the fuck you do, don't smoke that joint!

It is amazing to me that in the year 2014 marijuana is still illegal. Totally baffling.

It is amazing to me that in the year 2014 marijuana is still illegal. Totally baffling.

People are the scum of the earth.

There was a study done (quoted by Stephen Colbert) that suggested people who smoke marijuana were more likely to maintain a healthy body weight which is interesting because it is often associated with the 'munchies', however it makes sense to me because people eat when they are bored. When you're high, well, you're not bored.

There was a study done (quoted by Stephen Colbert) that suggested people who smoke marijuana were more likely to maintain a healthy body weight which is interesting because it is often associated with the 'munchies', however it makes sense to me because people eat when they are bored. When you're high, well, you're not bored.

I wonder if people who smoke marijuana are shit in bed or better in bed when it comes to stuff like performance and stamina, what does the pot do to that?

I should conduct a study...

I'd need people, free condoms to give away, marijuana, a chef, a gopher (somebody for one day if I have an open day sign up... ? - , and tobacco.

I want my study to include cigarette smokers who don't get high too because it's a printed fact that smoking causes impotence.

There'd be the pot smokers, the pot eaters, the tobacco smokers & the non smokers, to see what smoking and pot and smoking pot does to sex.

I'd also have to document my research ;) too :P:lol:

• Like 2

A lot of people have sex whilst high. I've heard too much information from many people, how they bang their girlfriends and all after smoking pot.

I, for one, know myself well enough that wouldn't work out simply because I think too much when stoned. Banging a broad would freak the fuck out of me, that's for sure.

True, true, I mean, it's love making at the end of the day, if not work.

But... Still, how cool would that be? Paying people to have sex and in some cases; getting stoned too... I'm a freakin' genius!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

- I wonder if the non smokers will have the best sex that lasts too? :shrugs:

Edited by Snake-Pit

It's only a matter of time now...a few years at the most....(unless we elect an extreme conservative in 2016).

Obama isn't against it but I doubt he wants anymore controversy revolving around his administration and legacy.....so other than some decriminalization, I doubt they do anything else with it before the next Administration/Congress.

what's worse than pot being illegal is that a mature woman of legal age

can't sell her pussy....which correct me if i'm wrong is a part of her body.

if you offer me money for my middle finger and i decide to chop it

off and give it to you i doubt at the end of the night i'm going to have a criminal record.

!