How ave I only now listened to The Replacements?

TeeJay410

I listened to Pleased to Meet Me a while ago and I was pretty disappointed honestly. "Alex Chilton" and "The Ledge" are great songs but the others are pretty spotty. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I decided to give Let It Be a listen and I realized what I was missing out on. The album's absolutely brilliant and it's made me really want to look into the rest of their stuff.

• Like 1

All I've checked out so far are Let it Be and Tim. Tim blew my mind.

And yeah Tommy definitely sold out. Personally I don't view it as a negative, musicians gotta make money some how and there aren't many gigs than GNR for that, but to the punk community I can see how they would take issue. Replacements were a great band, and having listened to them I hear them in some small way in just about everything punk rock released after them.

• Like 2

Guest Len B'stard

never heard a song by them, i think i should give them a try.

If you do start at Sorry Ma I Forgot to Take Out The Trash and Hootenanny and Stink first.

Guest Len B'stard

Whats he supposed to do, he's a musician, he plays music, why not GnR, lets face it he's done the grit and grind chew the dirt back of a van free beer and a tenner gigs starting from an age when most of us were still on the tit, lets him make his money. And hey, if i had to like, close my eyes and pick any band that I'd like...ride for no reason once I'd spent most of my youth and adult life putting in real work, I'd pick GnR, I mean in many ways they're the perfect band for what Tommys doing, at least they were some kinda cool once, it's not like he's playing the keyboard on some talk show or some shit.

Always reminded me of Sweet Virginia by The Stones

LABEL WANTS A HIT...BUT WE DON'T GIVE A SHIT CUZ WE'RE GETTIN' NOOOOOO PLACE :)

GAAAAAAAWDAAYYYUMMMM i adore this fuckin' band, Duluth to Madison!

Edited by sugaraylen

I will never understand what the fuck Tommy is doing in NotGNR. I don't care how much money he's making. It's fucking bizarre.

Westerberg is even more unpredictable than Axl - Tommy couldn't be sure of a regular paycheck.

Guest Len B'stard

Apparently this song is just Westerberg reading like, a lonely hearts like....classified ads thing :lol: And don't you dare compare Westerberg to Axl Rose :lol:

One of the best songs ever written, thank you, yes it is, I appreciate your concurrance :)

A beautiful Beatles-worthy ballad that makes me feel like I'm standing naked in front of a whole lot of people and I can feel my cheeks going red, cuz it's beautiful in a way people rarely ever are.

And people wonder why i keep getting banned driving :lol:

Solid competition for the number 1 spot on the Len ordained 'best Mats songs' list.

Edited by sugaraylen

• 9 months later...

Not much to say other than I picked up their best of disc. Not a huge punk fan but I thought the earlier punk numbers were pretty good. And then they seemed to lose a bit of that punkish sound later on and I just loved most of those songs. Can't stop listening to Here Comes a Regular. Going to have to pick up some of their albums, probably on vinyl.