Canter's Deli on Mad Men

Crazyman

I was watching the season premiere last night and it didn't hit me until now that your deli was on the show! Mad Men is by far my favorite show, is there anything you can talk about in regards to filming of that scene? And do you watch the show?

Also here is a pretty cool article about it, including the clip if anyone wants to see: http://eater.com/archives/2014/04/14/canters-deli-on-mad-men.php

Edited by Crazyman
  • Like 4

They filmed it about 6 months ago but asked us not to talk about it until it aired. It was fun, they didn't have to change anything because that room they filmed in hasn't changed since 1959. We even had some old menus laying around. The art dept. loved that there was not much for them to do. Also Matthew Weiner the guy that does the show went to grade school with Slash and I. Although we were not really friends with him back then, I still remember him. He was so happy that we let them film at Canter's for his show. I think it was a great fit.

That's awesome Marc! I had no idea about the school connection between you, Slash and Matt. I'm not surprised he made you be tight-lipped about it, he's notorious for hating all things spoiler.

PS - those sandwhichs look awesome!

I didn't realize it either until I watched it again...then I googled it.

Marc, are the bagels really that terrible?! :lol:

No, I think he meant in Los Angeles as if they were not as good as the ones in NY

I just re-watched it. Duh! I must've taken it out of context.

Thanks for your answers again

Sorry a bit off topic but I went to not that long ago and it was great! Highly recommended to anyone visiting LA

2014-04-12102151_zpsb5f8c984.jpg

2015: The Year I take on America and eat at every great burger joint and deli the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave has to offer. Will work my through my copy of Hamburger America. I'll make Canter's my final destination.